When is a knock on a knock on?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

When is a knock on a knock on?

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigans first try tonight was not allowed with reason being given as a knock on.
The ball to Hampshire hit his hand and was propelled directly onto his leg.
Is this action not classed as a kick.
Maybe it was not meant as a kick but how do you prove or disapprove that.
Should Crosby's try have been disallowed or should it have been given.
Personally I saw no forward motion from the ball having hit Hampshire's arm and irrespective of that it went onto his leg suggesting the ball may have been kicked.
I think Wigan were poorly done to tonight by the officials, however, this does not detract from the poor performance of the team.
sc74

Re: When is a knock on a knock on?

Post by sc74 »

Agree, the commentators let it go pretty easily too.
Still, at least Laurel & Hardy weren't there.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Wigans first try tonight was not allowed with reason being given as a knock on.
Personally I saw no forward motion from the ball having hit Hampshire's arm and irrespective of that it went onto his leg suggesting the ball may have been kicked.
I think Wigan were poorly done to tonight by the officials, however, this does not detract from the poor performance of the team.
The ball hit his hand and went forward that's a knock on. He didn't have control of the ball so it's not classed as a kick.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Did it go forward though?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

It was a knock on for me as it hit his hand and went forward.

Blaming the ref for the defeat is just not right. Surely we all know that dont we?

No personal swipes, snipes or plain nastiness was meant by this message.

If I have offended anyone ever, I apologise unreservedly.

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

East Stand Faithful wrote:It was a knock on for me as it hit his hand and went forward.

Blaming the ref for the defeat is just not right. Surely we all know that dont we?

No personal swipes, snipes or plain nastiness was meant by this message.

If I have offended anyone ever, I apologise unreservedly.

My original post after the result said we were awful, every credit to HKR but Silverwood got what he wanted, read into that what you will!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was a very unlucky knock on. The one shock to me was why was it rule no try and not try in the first instance as it has taken me a few camera repeats to see the knock on.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Silverwood didn't have a bad game at all, it was the players that had one.
Panchitta Marra

cow yeds wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Wigans first try tonight was not allowed with reason being given as a knock on.
The ball hit his hand and went forward that's a knock on. He didn't have control of the ball so it's not classed as a kick.
The ball didn't go forward off his hand, it went down even slightly backwards onto his leg, then it went forward. Big difference. Loose control of a ball off your hand and it drops down to your foot and you kick it forward before the ball hits the floor, is that a knock on or a kick. Loose control of the ball it goes to the ground bouncing fractionally before you kick it and the ball goes over the sticks, is that a knock on or 1 point for a drop goal. The ball didn't go forward off Hampshire's hand, it went forward off his leg, I don't see that as a knock on.
Panchitta Marra

cpwigan wrote:It was a very unlucky knock on. The one shock to me was why was it rule no try and not try in the first instance as it has taken me a few camera repeats to see the knock on.
Had Silverwood ruled it a try for the VR, the try would have stood. Bad error on Silverwoods part which I think cost us the game.