Waney giving the Hull KR team talk

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Waney giving the Hull KR team talk

Post by Firestarter »

Prob Saints away last season..I've never rated him as a leader(vocally or leading by example)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

For me lockers is a forward who wants to disrupt the halfs at first receiver,when he should be running the ball as third receiver
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Once again so many people will not accept that we are not good enough and blame Wane and/or the referee.Smith is average,Sarginson average,Hampshire lacks the right temperament for big games,Powell simply not good enough,Williams erratic and although it hurts me to say it,Lockers is past his best.Of course Wane and IL should take criticism for the ridiculous idea that we can build a team completely from players that have come through the Wigan system.I felt sorry last night for the likes of Bateman,Micky M and Josh who gave everything.SW and IL need to get rid of the likes of Hampshire,Smith,Powell and Sarginson and spend some money.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:So Wane is not to blame win or lose?

No hatred here thankyou. I just hate the way an halcyon era has been screwed up by a donkey from within.

There used to be a saying in Wigan, we will win today, the money is on. Truth be told when it mattered the great Wigan teams dug out the victories that got the Wembley Finals, the other finals, the other titles. It was based on clinical professionalism, not a ludicrous British perception of how RL should be played. It always produced amazing victories for Saints, for Widnes but it blew up when it mattered.

It is time Wigan fans opened their eyes. The gobshite at the helm is our Achilles heel
Moderator, is there a need for this king of comment when as Josie has said, it is a family website?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well Terry Campese seemed to gho on record as saying Wanes ill judged comments were a master stroke for Hull KR!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Well Terry Campese seemed to gho on record as saying Wanes ill judged comments were a master stroke for Hull KR!
....and the missed tackles, ill discipline, dropped balls, wrong decisions, poor kicks etc. were not?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The same Campese was in advanced talks to sign for Wigan until a certain Tomkins became available from New Zealand. Campese then back tacked signing an extended contract to stay with KR.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Well Terry Campese seemed to gho on record as saying Wanes ill judged comments were a master stroke for Hull KR!
....and the missed tackles, ill discipline, dropped balls, wrong decisions, poor kicks etc. were not?
He only mentioned the comments and the safety first completion approach of KR. Remember in my pontificating I said to beat Waneball you need to merely complete, even be boring and we beat ourselves!
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Panchitta Marra wrote:The same Campese was in advanced talks to sign for Wigan until a certain Tomkins became available from New Zealand. Campese then back tacked signing an extended contract to stay with KR.
Was he really? I thought that was just made up bs that became fact on the forums