Sarge?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Sarge?

Post by cpwigan »

Everybody will focus on the lost ball but his missed tackle earlier was as costly.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Sarge?

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I do not understand what has happened to his tackling technique?

He was strong defensively last year so what has changed?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Shaun Wane has told him to tackle high every time!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

East Stand Faithful wrote:He was strong defensively last year so what has changed?
I don't think he was though, he has always been poor defensively.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Dobby wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:He was strong defensively last year so what has changed?
I don't think he was though, he has always been poor defensively.
Fair enough my memory must be going in my old age!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

yes he cost us dearly on the day

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wigan Watcher wrote:yes he cost us dearly on the day
No denying that!!! Was that Sarginson's "Jack Murphy moment"?

Should have been "up the jumper" no matter what, pathetic carry from a player who's form has been inconsistent to say the least.

Overall though far too much spilled ball (again) from a Wigan side who simply did not turn up
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Two points ahead, 10 mins to go and some daft sod starts passing the ball out wide in our own 30 mtr area.
We should have gone tight up the middle with a long deep kick at the end of the set.HKR were never going to score from 70-80 mtrs out.
Going wide in our own 30 area works at the DW but not away from home. We either change tactics away from home or keep losing.
That's the choice IMO.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Our game management leaves a lot to be desired, oh for a Edwards, Barrett etc. Campese was a spent force in Australia but his control of the game last night was exceptional, we have a lot to learn! The experienced lads needed to step up to the mark.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Our game management leaves a lot to be desired, oh for a Edwards, Barrett etc. Campese was a spent force in Australia but his control of the game last night was exceptional, we have a lot to learn! The experienced lads needed to step up to the mark.
Tells you a lot about the lack of quality and true Stand Off's of our own playing in the position. At Wigan we have a Scrum Half in the position while Leeds have a Loose Forward with the Stand Off playing Scrum Half and the Scrum Half now on the bench covering the Hooker and Half Back positions.

We have natural Stand Off in Hampshire playing Fullback because of having a Full Back out of form and two Scrum Half's, neither of whom are true Stand Offs playing in the two positions.

Campese reminds me of the way Kenny directed the players and game in the 1985 Season and both have never been regarded as Scrum Half's.