Logan or Sam Powell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Logan or Sam Powell

Post by cpwigan »

Why publicise such things. To my mind (I know) Wane is an egomaniac. The players, the referees are always wrong but never the coach.
doc

Post by doc »

On form this season Logan should be our bench hooker. Much better in defence than Powell.
mikey

Post by mikey »

No brainier Sam Powell is a more intelligent player with a better awareness than Tomkins more options for waney that's why he plays
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:Why publicise such things. To my mind (I know) Wane is an egomaniac. The players, the referees are always wrong but never the coach.
He's said he got it wrong before. Can't remember which game it was earlier this year but he blamed himself for the poor preparation of the players.

But back to the question, I really like Powell, as a half, he's a clever player with a good range of distribution. He just doesn't have the pop out of dummy half that makes me think he's going to threaten teams there too often. Logan has been the marginally better bench hooker this year.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Logan is indeed a better cover at Hooker but Powell can cover both that position and half back if Williams and Smith are injured like Wane says.

Leeds now do the same with Rob Burrow who covers not only Aiton, but also McGuire at times.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

Logan all the way for me he needs game time - he is playing better attacking style than micky as that is what we need.

a hooker is either aggressive or fast and skilful

micky is skilful but as we all know is harder than a coffin nail!!

Logan needs to come off the bench and run at them and play more speedy game and still tackle hard - he did this against wire and for me really did show his true worth.

Wayne is really starting to rub teams, refs and now players up the wrong way he needs be careful no one man is bigger than the sport or Wigan
sc74

Post by sc74 »

bomhead wrote:Logan all the way for me he needs game time - he is playing better attacking style than micky as that is what we need.

a hooker is either aggressive or fast and skilful

micky is skilful but as we all know is harder than a coffin nail!!

Logan needs to come off the bench and run at them and play more speedy game and still tackle hard - he did this against wire and for me really did show his true worth.

Wayne is really starting to rub teams, refs and now players up the wrong way he needs be careful no one man is bigger than the sport or Wigan
Surprised he hasn't paid for his own statue.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I really don't understand why he brings this much aggro to us as a club why can't he be a true leader and be humble like smith or mcdermett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

bomhead wrote:I really don't understand why he brings this much aggro to us as a club why can't he be a true leader and be humble like smith or mcdermett
'humble like Smith' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony Smith? surely not!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Didn't Wane make a big point that if your training well and playing well you play ? Wane has favourites and if your face doesn't fit you get a hard time.