where will Sam T play

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bomhead

where will Sam T play

Post by bomhead »

I know it is a while off but I wonder where will we play him?

he covers a few positions but like ryan he struggles to catch a ball like an out and out fullback would.

I would like to see him as a back utility sub give his knees a rest and use him all over the field but I am not sure he would like the role.

what are your thoughts
Firestarter

Re: where will Sam T play

Post by Firestarter »

If you watched the NRL last season Sam has improved under the high ball.This can only be a good thing.For me he has got to play FB ,as he can join the line and link up whenever he likes.This puts a lot of doubt in the opposition(something we lack this season imo).
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Bowen will be leaving and Hampshire is not a FB so he will play 1 for sure!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

where would you play Hampshire 7 and George 6? someone will loose there place though maybe Sam P will be shipped out to make room
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

bomhead wrote:where would you play Hampshire 7 and George 6? someone will loose there place though maybe Sam P will be shipped out to make room
Hampshire 6 and George 7 eventually!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Sam will be a fullback. i would not be supprised if Hampshire goes out on loan for a year to get more SL experiance. i see in games occasionally the Hampshire everyone raves about but not consitantly.

having Sam at Full back provides the speed and skill we currently need. i see alot of comments on the net about Tomkins having issues with the highball, but from the few games i watched at the end of last year and the one from this year (obviously not enough to be fact) he seems to have removed his issue.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

If Ryan was not loaned out(my suspicion that he will) he would more than likely play at 6 George at 7 with either Sam Powell or Logan moving on to pastures new.Or you can look at it this way keep Sam P,Logan T and Ryan thus giving us depth in the halves.Ryan does not have the same reading of the game as Sam Tomkins and as mentioned in another post Sam is much more reliable under the high bomb since his spell in the Nrl.It's a quandry most coaches can only dream about.Can't wait for Sam T's return.
:D
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

FB without a shadow of doubt.
BriH

Post by BriH »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Bowen will be leaving and Hampshire is not a FB so he will play 1 for sure!!
Absolutely!
markill

Post by markill »

Fullback. Not sure the question needed to be asked.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod