A Teams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: A Teams

Post by KOOCH »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
KOOCH wrote:On this even I can find some common ground with WW. A good reasoned post.
Thank you, Kooch.
Your welcome WW I sometimes get my head stuck up my own backside.As I said it was a damned good post.Unfortunately the powers that be do not recognize sensible suggestions alas the reason for the current balls up.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote:
Suzieb wrote:IMO the worst thing they did was to get rid of the A teams to many players going out of the game because theres no were for them to play,The A teams used to feed the 1st team but i think its a big ask for the under 19,s to step up youhave to be a super star to go straight in the 1st team does anyone agree
If I remember rightly it was Gary Hethrington who instigated this.

It was seen as a cost cutting measure but also a way to stop clubs like Wigan hoarding players in the A team i.e. reserve players who were good enough to be first team players elsewhere.
And here lies the pertinent point.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

There should be a lot more rep RL at academy; war of the roses, international tours etc etc.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

cpwigan wrote:There should be a lot more rep RL at academy; war of the roses, international tours etc etc.
The issue with "War of the roses" is that nobody gives a monkeys.

I remember when they tried it a while back and frankly it was confusing who to support with half the team from Yorkshire.

International tours? First we need to get the standard up to scratch.

Academy rep might work.