Todays game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Todays game

Post by Firestarter »

Just a quick fact for anyone interested.After another p poor away performance, I looked at our home/away scores v cats,cas and hkr(not counting the cup game.
At home v all 3 we won 122 - 0
Away v all 3 we lost 122 - 50.
Doesn't prove nothing(I know) but weird stats none the less
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Before I give my view of the game, imagine how it feels to have watched that game in my local in Morley, full of Rhinos (and 1 or 2 Cas fans).

Ideally you want a squad with experienced players and then drip-feed promising youngsters in. For whatever reason, we have too many youngsters at once promoted to be 1st choice. In a couple of years time, we could see them as our golden generation, but for now you get a 60-0 victory one week followed by ...

What Wigan fan wasn't depressed in 1984 when Widnes beat us at Wembley? A 17 year old called Edwards played that day. Today's side may not come good in the same way, but you have to see beyond the (temporary) setbacks. Real depression was watching us in 1979 (?) getting relegated with only George Fairbairn worthy of a Wigan crest on his shirt.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Caboosegg wrote:So i had todays game on record but i dont think i will watch it. Seeing the score amd the comments on here makes me think that i will just end up in a bad mood.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that wane has a pattern of saying somthing stupid on the media and then it backfires on him spectacularly.

Wigans away form hasnt been great since harris went to Salford, im not anti wane i feel that the coaching team is missing somthing since harris went and i believe they made a good team.

luckly ive only been to home games so far so im seeing some good games but at very least i feel that Wigan should do somthing like hull kr did with tickets for everyone who went to the game. Even without watching the game i would not ever expect Wigan with its current team list to lose that badly.
Was just thinking that maybe the 'brains' out of the coaching partnership left for Salford.
It's 2015 for crying out loud, get rid of him, pronto.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:Before I give my view of the game, imagine how it feels to have watched that game in my local in Morley, full of Rhinos (and 1 or 2 Cas fans).

Ideally you want a squad with experienced players and then drip-feed promising youngsters in. For whatever reason, we have too many youngsters at once promoted to be 1st choice. In a couple of years time, we could see them as our golden generation, but for now you get a 60-0 victory one week followed by ...

What Wigan fan wasn't depressed in 1984 when Widnes beat us at Wembley? A 17 year old called Edwards played that day. Today's side may not come good in the same way, but you have to see beyond the (temporary) setbacks. Real depression was watching us in 1979 (?) getting relegated with only George Fairbairn worthy of a Wigan crest on his shirt.
NO Wiganers were depressed in 84. They were just happy to be there. No expectations. Actually, Widnes fans were depressed at not seeing a decent game, they had glum faces.

Very weird misguided analogy, bordering on bullshit!
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

What worried us (wife and I) was that we were completely outplayed by a much better team. We couldn't match them in the forwards, halves or centres. Escare was what Bowen might once have been. Sarginson again half-heartedly reached out an arm when the Cats player was yards from the line. Afraid SOL ain't half the player he was - don't know why.
We saw a class performance today by a good and very enthusiastic team. We were nonentities and deserved no better than we got.
Where do we go from here? Leeds next week! Barring a complete transformation, we don't stand a chance.
Ted Mac
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The one thing I know is that Madge and Bitcom got Piggy playing and he was on his last legs yet Wane and Bitcom seem incapable of getting Lockers playing sat a decent level.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

cpwigan wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:Before I give my view of the game, imagine how it feels to have watched that game in my local in Morley, full of Rhinos (and 1 or 2 Cas fans).

NO Wiganers were depressed in 84. They were just happy to be there. No expectations. Actually, Widnes fans were depressed at not seeing a decent game, they had glum faces.

Very weird misguided analogy, bordering on bullshit!
I was pretty depressed on the way back.

"Margaret Thatchers got one, Joe Lydon is one..."

Never forget that chant on the train.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

cpwigan wrote:The one thing I know is that Madge and Bitcom got Piggy playing and he was on his last legs yet Wane and Bitcom seem incapable of getting Lockers playing sat a decent level.
Lockers is shot.

Very decent club player. Not an international in a million years but did well for us (after a very shaky first few seasons).

Top quality club player that needs to retire. Now.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wintergreen wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The one thing I know is that Madge and Bitcom got Piggy playing and he was on his last legs yet Wane and Bitcom seem incapable of getting Lockers playing sat a decent level.
Lockers is shot.

Very decent club player. Not an international in a million years but did well for us (after a very shaky first few seasons).

Been saying it for years yet got slagged of by everyone :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

medlocke wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
Lockers is shot.

Been saying it for years yet got slagged of by everyone :roll:
all you need now is Ah Van to come and rip it up and you will be hailed!!!