SOS to Ellery!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Re: SOS to Ellery!

Post by East Stand Faithful »

butt monkey wrote:
ragman wrote:Paul Rowley. Break the bank if necessary....
If you are going to break the bank then sign Stephen Kearney!
Now thats a good shout!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Another stupid, ridiculous post to just to get posters to fall into the trap of indulging him, and unfortunately some people do.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

God wrote:
old hooker wrote:Another stupid, ridiculous post to just to get posters to fall into the trap of indulging him, and unfortunately some people do.
Not indulging him, he has a valid point if you take the tinted glasses off!!
Yes you are, the man plays you like an old piano and you fall for it every time, yes, no three bags full sir.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

old hooker wrote:Another stupid, ridiculous post to just to get posters to fall into the trap of indulging him, and unfortunately some people do.
Try making a decent post. I suggested Ellery, the majority disagree which makes your post asinine.
superleague

Post by superleague »

God wrote:
old hooker wrote:
God wrote: Not indulging him, he has a valid point if you take the tinted glasses off!!
Yes you are, the man plays you like an old piano and you fall for it every time, yes, no three bags full sir.
How old are you? I have my own opinions, always have, always will. Just because we don't drink the Wane cool aid and sit with an arrogant " It's alright we are Wigan" attitude doesn't make me or anybody else fools for agreeing with CP.

Wane is clearly what is wrong with Wigan, with the same team bar one player Madge took us from garbage to world beaters. The blue print for continued success was in place for many a year, this has been slowly ebbed away by a coach so pig headed and arrogant it's un true. Always the players fault ey?

It's an era where we should be dominating with the players at his disposal, players that are in big demand far and wide yet here we sit trophy less from last year going backwards at a rate of notts.

We have been knocked out of the cup first time of asking by a bang average side with fairly good tactics and a French side who have posted dam near record points on us yet you sit there like Nowt needs to be done all arrogant.

That's the problem, fans with there heads in the sand blind loyal lemmings without a cause. It takes a voice for change and we the fans are it.
It needs change and fast and if it's Hanley then yes I will take him over this clown every day of the week. Not feeding anybody's ego, it's how it is.

Rant over.
Great post, was going to say something similar about fans like old hooker being delusional with the most tinted glasses ever
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hanley's been out of the game for years and his saints tenure doesn't fill me with optimism that he would be a unifying force in the club. Surely someone more appropriate could be approached.

Personally I feel if we make it to the GF Wane will be coach next year. If we are not at old Trafford IL will probably make a change if its not too expensive.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Hanley isn't the answer.

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

James Webster took Wakefield by the horns when he took over and revitalised them alright it went pear shaped only because of injuries and lack of playing staff.With Wigans squad maybe he could do the same here on a short term measure hes out of a job at the moment.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

It's very simple.

If you really want the club to be the best, then you go out and appoint the best coach you can afford.

AFAIK the coaches salary is outside the scope of the Salary Cap and as such, surely, is an area where the "big" clubs can outbid the smaller ones?

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wintergreen wrote:It's very simple.

If you really want the club to be the best, then you go out and appoint the best coach you can afford.

AFAIK the coaches salary is outside the scope of the Salary Cap and as such, surely, is an area where the "big" clubs can outbid the smaller ones?
Not if you are owned by a skinflint