Biggest Problem

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Biggest Problem

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Couldn't have put it better SEFC.
Top grade Aussie internationals? i think not, are these internationals the standard of Betts, Edwards etc, have these Internationals played 25+ top level International test games, No, a hand full of games against France, Tonga, Samoa and regular beatings by Australia is not experience enough, you can church it up as much as you like, but the fact remains we have too many youngsters and a considerable lack of experience
Sorry meds, I didn't put that well, it was the bonding part for the players that I was meaning. :)

No probs
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: That's something for the management and senior players to resolve.
Is the team really that young?

Matty Bowen? Josh? Matty Smith? Crosby? Mac? Flower? JoelT? Liam Faz? Lockers? Mossop? Clubb? Tautai? HARDLY KIDS?
Probably not but the young guys need to feel part of this team, we need some leaders.
Spot on there is no leader spark in the team. Perhaps ST will bring that back into the team to drive the youngsters on.
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

cpwigan wrote:
wigan/pier wrote:
medlocke wrote:I'd like to see us bring a seasoned 2nd rower or Loose forward similar to Bryan Fletcher, a prop similar to Craig Smith and a Center who has been there and done that, add those to what we've already got and the youngster will come on great guns, we lost a lot of experience in Richards, Carmont,Coley, none have been replaced like for like and thats whats up imo
Well said! sorry double post
Joe Tomkins not seasoned? Liam Faz seasoned? Plenty of experience in the Wigan squad just badly coached.
None are props or centers though.
If we don't ask questions we turn into sheep...and I don't trust the shepherds.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

wigan/pier wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
wigan/pier wrote: Well said! sorry double post
Joe Tomkins not seasoned? Liam Faz seasoned? Plenty of experience in the Wigan squad just badly coached.
Meds main part was 2nd row and a prop. Tomkins, Faz, Mossop, Flower, Clubb, Tautai all seasoned or do we recall Jordan James :lol: Better still Meds is a big boy, played 14 years at the highest level :lol1:

Centres? We did have Goulding. Everybody was raving about Sarge after his international debut. Gells has been excellent this season. Maybe you are the centre, WP and Meds the dream team! :lol1:
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

cpwigan wrote:
wigan/pier wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Joe Tomkins not seasoned? Liam Faz seasoned? Plenty of experience in the Wigan squad just badly coached.
Meds main part was 2nd row and a prop. Tomkins, Faz, Mossop, Flower, Clubb, Tautai all seasoned or do we recall Jordan James :lol: Better still Meds is a big boy, played 14 years at the highest level :lol1:

Centres? We did have Goulding. Everybody was raving about Sarge after his international debut. Gells has been excellent this season. Maybe you are the centre, WP and Meds the dream team! :lol1:
He also mentioned a prop like craig smith and a center thats been there and done that..but don't let facts stand in your way :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

wigan/pier wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
wigan/pier wrote: None are props or centers though.

He also mentioned a prop like craig smith and a center thats been there and done that..but don't let facts stand in your way :D
As I said we had Goulding, we have a current GB centre and a NZ centre in the form of his life. So Smith offered something that Mossop, Flower, Clubb cannot?

Keep with the thread WP :lol:
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

cpwigan wrote:
wigan/pier wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Meds main part was 2nd row and a prop. Tomkins, Faz, Mossop, Flower, Clubb, Tautai all seasoned or do we recall Jordan James :lol: Better still Meds is a big boy, played 14 years at the highest level :lol1:

As I said we had Goulding, we have a current GB centre and a NZ centre in the form of his life. So Smith offered something that Mossop, Flower, Clubb cannot?

Keep with the thread WP :lol:
Sarge is rumored to be off soon plus he's been poor so far this season..none of the mentioned props put fear into other teams like smith did and gelling as much as I like him is one week great another he can be a nightmare.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Craig Smith, 10 years NRL also Queensland Origin & New Zealand experience

Lee Mossop, great player but also an NRL Failure

Clubb and Flower, both great players but not much valuable experience coming from London & Crusaders

as for Goulding look where he is playing now, if he was a great player then surely he would still be here.

We are constantly told that the NRL is the toughest most elite league in the game, yet not in this case according to someone with an agenda (who is now on ignore)
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

medlocke wrote:Craig Smith, 10 years NRL also Queensland Origin & New Zealand experience

Lee Mossop, great player but also an NRL Failure

Clubb and Flower, both great players but not much valuable experience coming from London & Crusaders

as for Goulding look where he is playing now, if he was a great player then surely he would still be here.

We are constantly told that the NRL is the toughest most elite league in the game, yet not in this case according to someone with an agenda (who is now on ignore)
Meds I agree but we both know only one persons views count...is this two warnings he's had? at least we know what CP stands for :D
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

thegimble wrote:Graeme Souness gave it both barrels yesterday to jamie carragher. Carragher went on about Ashley letting everyone down in Newcastle and it was basically all his fault.

Souness said he was a coach in Newcastle and its the toughest job he had. And that included Rangers Liverpool and Galatasary. And the real reason they struggle was the fans as once they lose its get rid of him get him in he is crap etc. Basically he was saying that Noth East football fans do not give a manger a break. Lose 1 game and the media rips in and the fans get worse. And its the end of the world.

Are we the same. We are 3rd it could be a lot worse and tbh it should be. Do we excpect more than we actually can get. SL if flawed with the play offs it does not matter if you finish top its about top 4 and nothing else.
Not saying Souness isn't right or wrong about Newcastle, but he was a bloody awful manager for Liverpool. Took a successful team, dismantled it, brought in terrible players and effectively set the club back into reverse gear from which they really struggled to recover from.

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.