Is Wane the right man to coach Wigan?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Is Wane the right man to coach Wigan?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Grix and Murphy up before the RFL as well!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wane again shows he is Wigan Warriors' best man

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s-9361796?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Neil Barker though Josie :inlo:

Hopefully Wigan have made progress. I believe plenty of discussions came after Cats.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Neil Barker though Josie :inlo:

Hopefully Wigan have made progress. I believe plenty of discussions came after Cats.
I just thought I'd post the link as the main story is in the news section :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Neil Barker though Josie :inlo:

I think the cats debacle was repercussion from the previous week! I don't think the team had got over that shock defeat to HKR in the cup but that's only my opinion :)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

AdamMac wrote:Out coached/thought his counter part in McDermott.

Ive often said that in the big games we should use MM for the 80 mins. It allows us to use 3 props and a back rower on the bench, which gives our forwards a huge advantage. Gives our half backs more time too and we know our 3/4's are a match for anybody.

Granted, we can't bust Mcilorum all season by doing this but this tactic needs to be employed in the Play offs and grand final.

Well done Shaun Wane :D
For virtually the entire season Wane has subbed by the clock. You could set your watch by when MM would leave the pitch and quite often it was a double substitution with a prop going off and these substitutions were regardless of what was going on in the game.

Always thought it was madness and Wane also doesn't seem to have confidence on any particular alternative hooker. So if he has seen the light, good!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:

Ive often said that in the big games we should use MM for the 80 mins. It allows us to use 3 props and a back rower on the bench, which gives our forwards a huge advantage. Gives our half backs more time too and we know our 3/4's are a match for anybody.

Granted, we can't bust Mcilorum all season by doing this but this tactic needs to be employed in the Play offs and grand final.

For virtually the entire season Wane has subbed by the clock. You could set your watch by when MM would leave the pitch and quite often it was a double substitution with a prop going off and these substitutions were regardless of what was going on in the game.

Always thought it was madness and Wane also doesn't seem to have confidence on any particular alternative hooker. So if he has seen the light, good!
Wrong DaveO as his preferred choice is Powell as he can cover both the hooking and also the half back positions in case of injury during a game to Williams and Smith. Logan has only been selected when Powell has been injured and is not a half back.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:

Wrong DaveO as his preferred choice is Powell as he can cover both the hooking and also the half back positions in case of injury during a game to Williams and Smith. Logan has only been selected when Powell has been injured and is not a half back.
Genuine utility players that can play in the pack/backs are very useful additions to the team. Often getting a place on the bench when their talent wouldn't merit otherwise had they not this ability.

Ged Bryne springs to mind.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I think Ratchford would be a great signing and I have not seen enough of Hampshire to compare the 2 but at the risk of sounding like menpond I do feel as though his size is against him, having said that I hope to be proven wrong please!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
superleague

Post by superleague »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I think Ratchford would be a great signing and I have not seen enough of Hampshire to compare the 2 but at the risk of sounding like menpond I do feel as though his size is against him, having said that I hope to be proven wrong please!!
I agree would much prefer ratchford over the IMO vastly overrated Hampshire