Ratchford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Ratchford

Post by East Stand Faithful »

thegimble wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: You must be kidding!

I like Hampshire but Ratchford is better as in can play in more positions.
He can only play in one position at any one time.

For me its a simple choice between a decent SL player who is versatile compared to a potential top class half back for the next ten years.
Unless he wants to play at 6 now and will leave unless he gets his own way. And from the talk on here i am guessing that is what is happening. Its not the club but him wanting to play in SL at 6 asap and will leave to do so.
I take your point but there are a few assumptions in your post.

How do we know he hasnt just asked Waney to give him a go in his natural position and Waney has pig headed told him to do one. Waney has played Williams and powell in the halves - why not Rocky? If Wane has told him he will not play in the halves then the lad doesnt have a lot of options. If i remember correctly Rocky was asked about his situation at a Riversiders meeting and said he was happy to play anywhere.... So i think we need to be careful about jumping to conclusions based on "rocky" foundations.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
thegimble wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote: He can only play in one position at any one time.

For me its a simple choice between a decent SL player who is versatile compared to a potential top class half back for the next ten years.
Unless he wants to play at 6 now and will leave unless he gets his own way. And from the talk on here i am guessing that is what is happening. Its not the club but him wanting to play in SL at 6 asap and will leave to do so.
I take your point but there are a few assumptions in your post.

How do we know he hasnt just asked Waney to give him a go in his natural position and Waney has pig headed told him to do one. Waney has played Williams and powell in the halves - why not Rocky? If Wane has told him he will not play in the halves then the lad doesnt have a lot of options. If i remember correctly Rocky was asked about his situation at a Riversiders meeting and said he was happy to play anywhere.... So i think we need to be careful about jumping to conclusions based on "rocky" foundations.
Then if he is still here next season we will know your right if not then the rumours are more or less on the mark. Especially if he is at 6 at another club.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Josie, I can assure you that the rumour that Ratchford is desperate to play for Wigan is spot-on, whether he will do so is dependant on several factors.
I just hope it doesn't involve Ryan Hampshire moving the other way as Warrington will have won hands down with that as far as I'm concerned.
You must be kidding!

No kidding, Hampshire every day of the week.
I think Hampshire is the Stand Off of the future and not too distant future at both club and international level.
A good debating point WW and I respect your comment.
Let's come back to this very discussion thread in 18 months time and see if our opinions are the same?
superleague

Post by superleague »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: I just hope it doesn't involve Ryan Hampshire moving the other way as Warrington will have won hands down with that as far as I'm concerned.
You must be kidding!

I think Hampshire is the Stand Off of the future and not too distant future at both club and international level.
Let's come back to this very discussion thread in 18 months time and see if our opinions are the same?
I don't normally agree with Whelley on anything :D but I agree on this I'd rather have ratchford, IMO Hampshire is vastly overrated
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hampshire every day of the week over Ratchford.
It all depends if Sargy leaves end of this season for a fee. If he goes then would Ratchford come in before Thornley, who hopefully will have returned, also Gelling?

Never been convinced by Ratchford and still aren't.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ratchford is best at FB so not sure how he would fit into Wigan. Always though, he loses a lot when playing a fixed position like centre.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The rumour says Ratchford wants to play for Wigan and if anyone noticed, he give the 'Joining Jack' salute after he scored against Saints.

Now, why would he do that when even Wigan players no longer do it?
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:The rumour says Ratchford wants to play for Wigan and if anyone noticed, he give the 'Joining Jack' salute after he scored against Saints.

Now, why would he do that when even Wigan players no longer do it?
Owen Farrell did it for Saracens the other day, does he want to play for Wigan as well.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

superleague wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: You must be kidding!

I don't normally agree with Whelley on anything :D but I agree on this I'd rather have ratchford, IMO Hampshire is vastly overrated
Have you watched Hampshire play in the youth set up SL?
Not been many better players throughout the whole of the U16's to U21's than Ryan Hampshire.
I would guess that every Superleague club are now clamoring over his signature, as others on here have already stated.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
superleague wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: No kidding, Hampshire every day of the week.
Have you watched Hampshire play in the youth set up SL?
Not been many better players throughout the whole of the U16's to U21's than Ryan Hampshire.
I would guess that every Superleague club are now clamoring over his signature, as others on here have already stated.
I'll admit I'm not devoted academy fan, I watch them when I get chance. I'm not saying he's sh*t just that he seriously overrated going of what I've seen of him especially at SL level, maybe he will prove me wrong. He just doesn't seem to have that line breaking running threat of Williams