Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
x Wigan Warrior x

Re: Charnley

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

medlocke wrote:
robspark wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Not this season. I would like to see Josh play centre to Manfredi.
Cant see it happening, My choice this season, Manfredi and Burgess.

Next season, right wing Manfredi to maintain the partnerhip with Gells and Charnley plays left wing with Thornley, Sarge is a liability in defence.
Because Thornley has done such a great job so far?
Yes he did before getting injured.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
medlocke wrote:
robspark wrote: Cant see it happening, My choice this season, Manfredi and Burgess.

Next season, right wing Manfredi to maintain the partnerhip with Gells and Charnley plays left wing with Thornley, Sarge is a liability in defence.
Because Thornley has done such a great job so far?
prove it
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

medlocke wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:
medlocke wrote: Because Thornley has done such a great job so far?
prove it
:doz:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Thornley was in excellent form before his injury/injuries. Prove otherwise Meds :wink:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:Thornley was in excellent form before his injury/injuries. Prove otherwise Meds :wink:
:angry: :lol:
RJ

Post by RJ »

Not much point criticising Josh when he has to play without a decent centre. Thought he did well at Newcastle despite being up against Hall who has a distinct height advantage.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Thornley was in excellent form before his injury/injuries. Prove otherwise Meds :wink:

how about a front row of Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

medlocke wrote:
Well that's told him! :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have to say in part Meds has a point. The kid I saw coming though the ranks was IMO potentially the first Neil Fox type centre Great Britain had since the legend players. IMO, Ian Thornley remains an enigma, frightening potential waiting to be fulfilled. Prior to his injury he was making good progress and playing well but he still has much to prove to be the player he can become.

If he blows it then Ollie Gildart is getting better and better, closer and closer.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

cpwigan wrote:I have to say in part Meds has a point. The kid I saw coming though the ranks was IMO potentially the first Neil Fox type centre Great Britain had since the legend players. IMO, Ian Thornley remains an enigma, frightening potential waiting to be fulfilled. Prior to his injury he was making good progress and playing well but he still has much to prove to be the player he can become.

If he blows it then Ollie Gildart is getting better and better, closer and closer.
i think going to union and all his injuries didn't help his progress.I reckon he would be international standard but for the above
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE