Is Wane the right man to coach Wigan?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sc74

Re: Is Wane the right man to coach Wigan?

Post by sc74 »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:CP is correct ....

This club in this league with only 4 clubs reasonably being able to win anything should be winning at least one trophy a year. Its not the NRL, the competition is poor in SL.
+1
And the job is made easier with the amazing set-up behind the 1st team.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Some fans are incredibly deluded. No one in the world could live up to some of the things the fans ask of Wane.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Warrior20 wrote:Some fans are incredibly deluded. No one in the world could live up to some of the things the fans ask of Wane.
They sure are.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

did Madge win a trophy every year? - I think he did but my memory's not the best
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

bomhead wrote:did Madge win a trophy every year? - I think he did but my memory's not the best
To my memory the Sainted Madges teams played very boring rugby, when i think of games played under him i think of the colour Grey, at Waney has them playing some entertaining rugby, would rather be entertained and win only 65-70% of all games than be bored shitless and win 90%, what's the point in winning if it isn't enjoyable
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

medlocke wrote:
bomhead wrote:did Madge win a trophy every year? - I think he did but my memory's not the best
To my memory the Sainted Madges teams played very boring rugby, when i think of games played under him i think of the colour Grey, at Waney has them playing some entertaining rugby, would rather be entertained and win only 65-70% of all games than be bored shitless and win 90%, what's the point in winning if it isn't enjoyable
My sentiments exactly Meds. Enjoyment is paramount for me,winning is great tangentially
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Really?
Nothing worse than getting beat, IMO.
Win tonight though!
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

you must enjoy watching waynes fancy defence as well and offloads in our own half! suppose you think the Rabbitohs play boring rugby as well :lol: :lol: :lol:
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I don't watch Wigan for entertainment I watch them to win and bring us trophies home and go to Wembley not to watch teams put 40 on us but we scored a few free flowing tries - that's what happened in the challenge cup against KR.

if you wanted watch people play entertainingly but still get beat you should go and watch the latics :lol: :lol: :lol:
sc74

Post by sc74 »

TBF, entertainment is what the neutral is after.

How many times have you said - "Eeh, we got beat again, but didn't we play entertaining rugby? Same again next week, hopefully!"

:conf: