Re: Tonights Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:If anyone has the audacity to blame SW tonight then I will be left speechless, the players have been nothing short of a disgrace!! Schoolboy errors that quality or so called quality SL players should not be making!! That is just my opinion of course!!
Errors compounded by not utilising your best assets. Ball is going wide on virtually every 1st or second tackle in our own 20. You do not so that. He is the coach and needs to go back to coaching school and back to basics.

Sorry but playing dumb rugby without using your props to get out of the 30 yards is asking to be beaten.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Seems reasonable to play a bit of up your jumper!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So throwing the ball wide concerns you more than the countless individual mistakes?
Yes we are passing the ball along the line in our own quarter. Give it to the props and clear it. Saints will not go 50 yards and score we have too much pace for that. Eventually under pressure players will make mistakes. It does not justify the mistakes done by Bowen or Sarge but we have made errors in our own quarter too many times tonight and if Saints were at full strength we could have been looking at a Catalan again.

Saints are out on their feet and we send it wide instead of driving it up the middle and sucking players in. Saints deserved the win we created little as we did not create any space for out back-line to work with. You can not run the ball along the line in your own 20 almost every set in the 2nd half.

that is Wane doing errors are the players. and sorry not one person tonight from the playing or coaching deserves any credit apart from the props who made yards but had little to work with.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Seems reasonable to play a bit of up your jumper!
When a side tires as Saints were it is.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

two mistakes from bowen two tries given away, shocking

game changed when micky mac went off, the intensity dropped and so did our play
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:If anyone has the audacity to blame SW tonight then I will be left speechless, the players have been nothing short of a disgrace!! Schoolboy errors that quality or so called quality SL players should not be making!! That is just my opinion of course!!
Errors compounded by not utilising your best assets. Ball is going wide on virtually every 1st or second tackle in our own 20. You do not so that. He is the coach and needs to go back to coaching school and back to basics.

Sorry but playing dumb rugby without using your props to get out of the 30 yards is asking to be beaten.
We have thrown the ball about more in the 2nd half chasing the game, first half we didn't and should have been 20 up but again individual errors kept them in the game and made them look good!! I don't care if we play like the Harlem Globetrotters, the amount of individual errors is why we have lost nothing else!!

1st try stupid twisting the legs in the tackle from TT!
2nd try simple missed tackle from Joel
3rd try Bowen mistake when he should drop on the ball!
4th try dropped ball from Bowen!
5th try Pass from Sarginson

Are they all because of WANEBALL?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

You can have all the muscle and brawn you want but if you play with no composure and less-than-no-brain, you will NEVER be the top team. A rag-tag bunch of brain-dead muscle men. Wane has to take the blame this time.

No matter how tough the game is, the top Aussie teams keep their heads, stay patient and wait for their opportunities. We approached the game in the wrong way and fell to pieces when faced with adversity - not the recipe for beating our deadliest enemies.

Fed up, disappointed, at times disgusted.
Ted Mac
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Firestarter wrote:Will we ever learn.joel Tomkins will never ever be a centre...can't believe how obvious this is
Ye s and don't ever tell mM is better than Roby. We need a goal kicker SW. Saints didn't beat us we beat ourselves. CPW just might be right This was just not good enough. Still they might have won at the 'bookies'. It makes you think. Absolute rubbish
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

i agree tbw.Its leadership we need.The last few games we have carried lockers and we have now been found out.bowen can't catch.charnley is overweight.sarge is doing the props job.joel is out of position and Mac is useless on the bench.this might sound harsh ,but I've been saying this whilst we were winning
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:

We have thrown the ball about more in the 2nd half chasing the game, first half we didn't and should have been 20 up but again individual errors kept them in the game and made them look good!! I don't care if we play like the Harlem Globetrotters, the amount of individual errors is why we have lost nothing else!!

1st try stupid twisting the legs in the tackle from TT!
2nd try simple missed tackle from Joel
3rd try Bowen mistake when he should drop on the ball!
4th try dropped ball from Bowen!
5th try Pass from Sarginson

Are they all because of WANEBALL?
Your really missing the point WE CREATED NOTHING.

Thats is the point in the 2nd half we shifted wide everytime inside the first 2 tackles. Its not only about concinding its also about creating and we created nothing. In fact we made it harder for us and easy for them.

Apart from the tries did we have any period of sustained pressure in that game. No was we took almost everything wide and errors happened and we did nothing in their half almost all 2nd half.