Re: Attitude.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:Tonight I thought the attitude stunk to high heaven. Players clearly not happy with the game plan.

When the plan does not work, like it did tonight, the players throw in the towel bar a handful.

The attitude stinks from the players down to the coach. A crap game plan executed by half arsed players not wanting to execute.
I think you are right. Some players who you mentioned later in your post try their best regardless. Very professional of them IMO but I doubt they are happy with the game plan either.

We need a Shaun Edwards v John Dorahy revolution! Don't think we have the players or the team spirit to side step Wane the same way.
superleague

Post by superleague »

God wrote:Tonight I thought the attitude stunk to high heaven. Players clearly not happy with the game plan.

When the plan does not work, like it did tonight, the players throw in the towel bar a handful.

The attitude stinks from the players down to the coach. A crap game plan executed by half arsed players not wanting to execute.

The respect for possession is the worst I've ever seen from any Wigan team in my lifetime of watching them (32 years).

SOL is clearly at logger heads with his coach and his play reflects this, correct me if I'm wrong.

Smith, Sarginson, Bowen, Tomkins, Powell, Lockers, Mossop, Crosby, Charnley Tautai all half arsed tonight. Williams can't be expected to steer the ship in these conditions and the rest are on personal pride and instinct. Bateman, MM, Burgess Patrick and Flower the only ones with credit and that is too low for a team of this quality.

Intensity drops significantly when Flower and MM are off, and the attitude changes significantly also with players just bumbling about with no real line speed.

As for control, not winning half the collisions and the fact they have the big men on the edges and don't do a thing to change it is a sorry state.

Coaches attitude stinks to high heaven CHANGE THE FRIGGING TACTICS Ffs
And the players IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY for Wigan PISS OFF!!!

Attitude in possession ......RESPECT IT Ffs. Regardless of errors brought about by ill discipline giving them field position, the insistence of passing the pissing ball 15 from our own line with an on rushing pressure defence is sacralidge. Grind the 5 out and boot it then apply the pressure. Not wing it down the line through the backs.

It's getting tiresome is the inconsistency I will be glad when this season is over!! Sick of it now.

Against the worst Saints side I've seen for a long time, with a player that plays 25 mins a game. EMBARRASSING!!
Interesting that you mention lockers, I didn't think much of it but my friends pretty decent source said that lockers stormed off from training a week or two ago after a massive bust up with Wane, might not be true but who knows wouldn't surprise me if true with Wane being an arrogant stubborn sod
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

DaveO wrote:

I think you are right. Some players who you mentioned later in your post try their best regardless. Very professional of them IMO but I doubt they are happy with the game plan either.

We need a Shaun Edwards v John Dorahy revolution! Don't think we have the players or the team spirit to side step Wane the same way.
Spot on wane is the problem he's a bully FACT
sc74

Post by sc74 »

gillysmyhero wrote:
DaveO wrote:

Spot on wane is the problem he's a bully FACT
Where's the so called Leadership Group, or whatever it was/is called?

ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

only one selfish power mad leader
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The leadership group = one critera. None will upset Wane. Matty Smith, Joel Tomkins, Liam Farrell, Micky Mac not sure who else is in it.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Captain, but if he stormed out???
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote:only one selfish power mad leader
bit like this site really, though i would swap leader with another word :sly:
jobo

Post by jobo »