Is Wane the right man to coach Wigan?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

Re: Is Wane the right man to coach Wigan?

Post by superleague »

Wondered how long it would be before winning the double would be brought up Again
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

superleague wrote:Wondered how long it would be before winning the double would be brought up Again
Funny how an actual proven fact is something many on here don't like, but all the nonsense certain people post that has no proven source is treated as gospel!!

With Wanes record, including winning the double, lots of other clubs would want him as their coach.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Warrior20 wrote:
superleague wrote:Wondered how long it would be before winning the double would be brought up Again
Funny how an actual proven fact is something many on here don't like, but all the nonsense certain people post that has no proven source is treated as gospel!!

With Wanes record, including winning the double, lots of other clubs would want him as their coach.
Hit the nail on the head with that one :eusa2:
superleague

Post by superleague »

Warrior20 wrote:

How about this for a bit of sense we won jack last year, out of one competition this year and don't really look like winning anything this year. It's a results business not a sentiment business just because he won the double in 2013 (which we where lucky to do as well) if he hasn't won anything this year he should be gone
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

superleague wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:

How about this for a bit of sense we won jack last year, out of one competition this year and don't really look like winning anything this year. It's a results business not a sentiment business just because he won the double in 2013 (which we where lucky to do as well) if he hasn't won anything this year he should be gone
Luck plays a big part in all success but I agree, as much as winning the double was a fantastic season, that is wearing thin now and 2 seasons without a trophy would be a disgrace!! It's a results business as I have always said, SW needs to bring home the GF, if not then p45!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If we have any or many more losses in the style we lost at Catalans and Saints I can't see IL putting up with that.

We are now too predictable both in team selection and game plan. Shaun has to bring in the changes now to get the improvements we need to stand any chance of a trophy.

Second Row

Post by Second Row »

he never had ,does not have and never will have 'Gravitas', although he has many attributes this is lacking. Sorry but true.

MM had it in spades ,and if you consider the club's most successful coaches over the years it is their common denominator.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

superleague wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:

I still don't understand what that has to do with what I commented on? You seem to be arguing a fact that I haven't brought up or mentioned just to justify some Wane bashing. I merely stated, many other clubs would want him if Wigan didn't want him any longer on the back of someone else saying he should stay on in a backroom position should another coach come in. I didn't comment saying he should stay at Wigan due to winning the double.
If he was to go to another club I am pretty sure they would present him as 'double winning coach' to promote what an excellent choice they had made!!
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Warrior20 wrote:
superleague wrote:
Warrior20 wrote: Funny how an actual proven fact is something many on here don't like, but all the nonsense certain people post that has no proven source is treated as gospel!!

I still don't understand what that has to do with what I commented on? You seem to be arguing a fact that I haven't brought up or mentioned just to justify some Wane bashing. I merely stated, many other clubs would want him if Wigan didn't want him any longer on the back of someone else saying he should stay on in a backroom position should another coach come in. I didn't comment saying he should stay at Wigan due to winning the double.
If he was to go to another club I am pretty sure they would present him as 'double winning coach' to promote what an excellent choice they had made!!
IYO, which 'top' sides do you think would take him?
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

sc74 wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:
superleague wrote: How about this for a bit of sense we won jack last year, out of one competition this year and don't really look like winning anything this year. It's a results business not a sentiment business just because he won the double in 2013 (which we where lucky to do as well) if he hasn't won anything this year he should be gone
IYO, which 'top' sides doyou think would take him?
IMO Saints would never have him due to him being Wigan through and through. Leeds would probably be the only other team who wouldn't have him. I think any other team in the league would take him. So that all depends on which sides you class as 'top' sides. I also think most NRL clubs would have him as an assistant.