Charnley not happy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Charnley not happy

Post by medlocke »

superleague wrote:Don't know how true but heard that there's quite a few players who don't like and get on with wane, the biggest bust up I've heard is between wane and lockers, lockers apparently stormed off from training
Somebody mentioned something along these lines a few month back after Sam re-signed, saying that the signing was to appease the fans for several players leaving or something along those lines
superleague

Post by superleague »

medlocke wrote:
superleague wrote:Don't know how true but heard that there's quite a few players who don't like and get on with wane, the biggest bust up I've heard is between wane and lockers, lockers apparently stormed off from training
Somebody mentioned something along these lines a few month back after Sam re-signed, saying that the signing was to appease the fans for several players leaving or something along those lines
Yeah I heard that regarding Sam also, can't say I'm surprised either
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

bit harsh Charnley did well without Sam when he came back from injury last year.

ive pointed out before in older threads Shaun Wane really doesnt seem to like Charnley even when hes playing well.

i really hope he doesnt go elsewhere as i guarentee we will end up regretting it.

that article also reads like Charnley isnt playing this friday, cant see why though dispite not showing much attack (due to lack of ball) i dont remember him making any errors?

a Fully Fit charnley is one of my favourite players, if he leaves due to Wanes Ego/ Favourtism i will be moving from the give him a chance to Wane Out crowd.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I have thought for some time that Charnley was on his way to RU, but that's another story.

Sounds as if Charnley has been called in by Wane, lambasted for his game vs Saints (wasn't the worst player on the pitch imo), and decided to square up to Wane in the only way he could.

If the stories about Lockers are true and Wane is losing the senior players, then we are in trouble.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

From reading Charnelys article it reinforces my thought that Wanes man management skills are distinctly lacking.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I agree I have a few friends who played with ST as a kid and Wane apparetley told him he is to small and needs to find another sport.

with regards to Josh he is going to look good with ST because he gets good ball a wingers only as good as the man making the space for him - ST didn't do to bad from the ball back from josh either.
if wanes on your back all time any player would struggle to perform - he may be a bit to pally pally with some of them and others aren't aloud to mix with the cool kids :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

like you in a way med :wink:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

On the other side of things, what happens inside the "inner sanctum" should stay there IMO, it's between the player(s) and the coach.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:He's definitely not the player that Sam Tomkins made him look to be anymore
You mean the player Goulding made him look as opposed to the imitation centre inside of him since he left.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if a four year contract for Gelling has made Charnley's mind up it's time to leave.

keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

said this weeks ago tip of the iceberg and believe me we are not going to be happy with end result. :(
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

No straw damn us wrote:On the other side of things, what happens inside the "inner sanctum" should stay there IMO, it's between the player(s) and the coach.
Agree whole heartedly but there is only so much beating with a stick you can take without retaliation.