Charnley not happy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mrs Lifter

Re: Charnley not happy

Post by Mrs Lifter »

I just have a feeling that Wanes chat with Josh was more about his attitude in general rather than what he did or didn't do on Friday.Describing himself as a full-time farmer part time rugby player doesn't sound like enthusiasm. From his Twitter feed it would appear he spends half his time in band's and the rest scanning about with his represent clothing buddies.
After Frid a year performance would you expect him to work hard on the training ground or jump on a train to London for a jolly? I agree that the ghost writer probably hasn't done him any favours but it reads like a petulant child who's had a boll#+ing and is there as tending to jump before he's pushed
curryman

Post by curryman »

AdamMac wrote:Josh hasn't been the same player since his injury at the start of last season.

He's not as sharp and he's carrying to much weight.

How many times does he make a break or make a break from nothing? He used to make plenty from dummy half but doesn't seem to have that zip anymore.

I'm not dogging the lad he can still get back to where he once was but he miles off it at the moment.

In relation to Manfredi coming back in I think its a fair call.

Manfredi was playing really well prior to getting injured, so you have to ask yourself has Josh done enough to keep him out? I don't think he has. He's not taken his opportunity.
I agree. he is nowhere near the speedy winger of two seasons ago, too many nights in Nando's I reckon
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

What the hell is going on? Sounds like he is being treated like a naughty schoolboy who has been hauled in front of the headmaster - in this case Wackford Squeers. I'm not a Wane knocker and usually am happy for the club to conduct things as they see fit, as there will be an awful lot us fans don't know about and that is as it should be, however this is a bridge too far for me. Josh has been one of our best players but can't score tries if nobody gives him the damned ball. He gets criticism for coming infield but he's had to do that to have any involvement in some games. I desperately don't want him to go anywhere else but if he's wasting his time at Wigan and getting blamed for us losing matches where very few players came out with any sort of credit then who can blame him. Mr Leneghan don't let it happen other clubs will be falling over themselves to get him playing for them.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Maybe this is JC's way of letting IL know all is not well within the club.
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

AdamMac wrote:Josh hasn't been the same player since his injury at the start of last season.

He's not as sharp and he's carrying to much weight.

How many times does he make a break or make a break from nothing? He used to make plenty from dummy half but doesn't seem to have that zip anymore.

I'm not dogging the lad he can still get back to where he once was but he miles off it at the moment.

In relation to Manfredi coming back in I think its a fair call.

Manfredi was playing really well prior to getting injured, so you have to ask yourself has Josh done enough to keep him out? I don't think he has. He's not taken his opportunity.

I think that's a fair comment regarding Manfredi. Seems Josh is not SW's friend who he loves to bits
OJ

Post by OJ »

Can't understand why he would be singled out for a talking to unless it was to let him know he isn't in the squad for Salford, either way not happy about any of this sounds like all is not well in Paradise
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I'd have every sympathy with Josh if he decided to move on. He won't get a club as good as Wigan but he might well find a better coach.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Wes wrote:Maybe this is JC's way of letting IL know all is not well within the club.
If IL needs a press release like this to ascertain that, then we are in even bigger trouble!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Josh has been unlucky with injuries recently. However, I do think he carrying too much baggage and would be better for shedding a few LBs. If he cannot and may be natural bulking up with age then maybe centre is his better position.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Wintergreen wrote:
Wes wrote:Maybe this is JC's way of letting IL know all is not well within the club.
If IL needs a press release like this to ascertain that, then we are in even bigger trouble!
:lol: :lol: :lol: