Charnley not happy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Charnley not happy

Post by nathan_rugby »

I understand everybody saying Sarginson should be dropped but for who? Thornley and Gelling are both out injured. Moving Bateman to Centre leaves us weak at 2nd row/loose. Putting Josh at centre when he can't even play his own position too well at the minute is even more stupid.

The problem with articles like these is you do not know what questions were asked/prompted and the actual answer he was given.

From the sounds of it though a lot of what he has said appears to have been twisted to make it into something. You would hope he would be a bit more intelligent with some of his answers.

You would also think Wigan would have some input into what gets published. It was never a problem when Sam did it...
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fujiman wrote:
bomhead wrote:
medlocke wrote: He reminds me of Marc Calderwood when his head got massive, he soon come back down to earth with a thump
that's true he has played for England once thinks he is Gary Connelly - that's why he has dyed his hair I heard :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thought that was as punishment for something
It was a punishment originally, but it would have grown out by now so looks like he's have it 'done' regularly unless he is being punished every week for something :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
bomhead wrote: that's true he has played for England once thinks he is Gary Connelly - that's why he has dyed his hair I heard :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thought that was as punishment for something
It was a punishment originally, but it would have grown out by now so looks like he's have it 'done' regularly unless he is being punished every week for something :sly:
Southerners are strange
sc74

Post by sc74 »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Fujiman wrote:Thought that was as punishment for something
Southerners are strange
Too close to France.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Ill say again at what point in the article does Josh infer he wants away to Salford?

I'm lost becuase i just cant see it.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Firestarter wrote:Was talking to a workmate today,who knows Josh's dad.Apparently he said that josh can't wait for Sam Tomkins to return.Make of that what you will
Neither can i and i do not even know him.

As some mentioned on here he made Josh a bagful of tries. The game against Giants in the play off in 2013 prime example of the space Sam creates by the sheer fact he is Sam Tomkins.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

nathan_rugby wrote:I understand everybody saying Sarginson should be dropped but for who? Thornley and Gelling are both out injured. Moving Bateman to Centre leaves us weak at 2nd row/loose. Putting Josh at centre when he can't even play his own position too well at the minute is even more stupid.

The problem with articles like these is you do not know what questions were asked/prompted and the actual answer he was given.

From the sounds of it though a lot of what he has said appears to have been twisted to make it into something. You would hope he would be a bit more intelligent with some of his answers.

You would also think Wigan would have some input into what gets published. It was never a problem when Sam did it...
Sarge has to plAY whilst he is still here.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well Josh is not even in the squad

Wigan: John Bateman, Matty Bowen, Joe Burgess, Dom Crosby, Connor Farrell, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Ryan Hampshire, Dom Manfredi, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O’Loughlin, Larne Patrick, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Matty Smith, Taulima Tautai, Joel Tomkins, George Williams.

Salford: Rangi Chase, Mason Caton-Brown,Michael Dobson, Niall Evalds, Theo Fages, Darrell Griffin, George Griffin, Josh Griffin, Harrison Hansen, Weller Hauraki, Liam Hood, Greg Johnson, Adrian Morley, Cory Paterson, Junior Sau, Lama Tasi, Scott Taylor, Logan Tomkins, Jordan Walne.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

In fairness if you are picking on form then Charnley doesn't deserve to be in the team.

Manfredi does.

I am more worried about Wane losing the senior players. But that might be a red herring.

We will see.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wintergreen wrote:In fairness if you are picking on form then Charnley doesn't deserve to be in the team.

Manfredi does.

I am more worried about Wane losing the senior players. But that might be a red herring.

We will see.
Exactly, but any need for some saying he is not good enough when next season he and Manfredi will be our only two decent wingers when Burgess leaves.

Manfredi may be 'flavour' of the month at the moment, but he could also lose form like Charnley or be a one season wonder.

Opinions on players change like the weather with some!