Orr 4 years at wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior Wills

Orr 4 years at wigan

Post by Warrior Wills »

I have just heard from a very reliable source that Danny Orr is about to sign a 4 year contract. This would make Orr one of the bid earners at Wigan.

What a fantastic signing!
Fraggle

Re: Orr 4 years at wigan

Post by Fraggle »

Warrior Wills posted:
I have just heard from a very reliable source that Danny Orr is about to sign a 4 year contract. This would make Orr one of the bid earners at Wigan.

What a fantastic signing!
This goes against what Chairman Mo has said in recent weeks. He's totally convinced Luke Robinson and Kevin Brown will be GB halfbacks in the next few years and recently denied saying that Orr would be signed as he would not put anything in the way of these two lads' development. He was equally bemused recently when Robinson was not selected for the representative squads.

If Orr signs for 4 years it's not going to be good for Maurice's stated long-term plans for the kids. Maybe one or two years, I'd be very surprised if it was 4.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
iago

Post by iago »

There was an article in the Daily Express saying that Wigan were favourites over Hull in the chase for Orr.
Also implied he was looking for a four year contract.
DaveO

Re: Re: Orr 4 years at wigan

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
This goes against what Chairman Mo has said in recent weeks. He's totally convinced Luke Robinson and Kevin Brown will be GB halfbacks in the next few years and recently denied saying that Orr would be signed as he would not put anything in the way of these two lads' development. He was equally bemused recently when Robinson was not selected for the representative squads.

If Orr signs for 4 years it's not going to be good for Maurice's stated long-term plans for the kids.
Agree totally but of you look at places like Sporting Life he is now saying we are always interested in quality players!

To cut a long story short the theory goes if Lam leaves we need Orr for experience.

My preference is lam for another year and then hand it over to the kids and see what happens. Ml has said he does not want to hinder their development so how this signing fits on with that I don't know
Maybe one or two years, I'd be very surprised if it was 4.
But of the competiton (Hull) are offering four then Wigan will have to as well or they won't get him

Dave
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Strong rumours at last nights match that Danny Orr has chosen to sign for Wigan.

IMO this is good business by Wigan as Danny wouldn't cost a transfer fee due to being out of contract.

It's about time we had a settled player in the stand off role, it's no wonder we haven't been that successful when we keep chopping and changing such an important role.
wiganese

Post by wiganese »

100% Warrior posted:

It's about time we had a settled player in the stand off role, it's no wonder we haven't been that successful when we keep chopping and changing such an important role.
Thats a good point, I can't think of a time since the start of super league when wigan have had the same half back combination for two consecutive seasons.
Ellie from the Block!

Re: Re: Re: Orr 4 years at wig...

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I've heard that stand off is drawn out of a hat before the match by the old Golden Gamble guy!!! I think it is Raper's turn next week and the week after we are offering it to Eddie or Stevo.....
If we get Danny Orr then the Golden Gamble man will be redundant!!!!!!
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

They are not rumours anymore!Danny Orr has signed a four year contract and will join the Warriors next season!!!
warriorjon

Post by warriorjon »

I think that this is an excellent signing think he is a quality player and with a better quality of player around him think he will not only cement himself in the 6 jersey for Wigan but also for G.B. as well. Dont think it is too much of a concern for Brown as he looks comfortable in the centre position although hios defence needs to improve but this will come as he matures, very good alround signing.He will give us the continuity that we require in the troublesome number 6 position pluss it doesnt take up a spot on the quota. Think this may also mean that Nick Graham may be staying.
AnDy WiGaN WaRrIoR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Orr 4 years at...

Post by AnDy WiGaN WaRrIoR »

danny orr is one of the best sighnings for wigan in a while this will mean that we will have a permanent number 6 rather than switchin evry year this could bring great things to the club

HOPE IT DOES!!!!!!!!!