Logan Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Logan Tomkins

Post by cpwigan »

What did people think of his efforts for Salford?
gruffy

Re: Logan Tomkins

Post by gruffy »

Compact,tidy pretty much as he was playing for us really,doing stuff without being showy but,perhaps not doing enough to stand out.

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I agree with gruffy.

Wouldn't look like a player that "got away" should he be released at the end of the season. Decent without being great and we cannot carry too many of those in our squad
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
doc

Post by doc »

Still our best option at hooker if Micky can't play.

The problem with Logan is that he is a starting hooker rather than a bench hooker with a scooting game and there is only one place in the 17 for a player of his type and he is not going to shift Micky at the moment.

People complained about Micky when he first got into the team but he has developed overtime. I think Logan will do the same but if he wants to remain at Wigan he will have to accept loan and DR arrangements to get the game time he needs to develop.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Said at the time I thought it was a mistake allowing him to play for Salford.Gutted for the lad.
markill

Post by markill »

I thought Salford looked more threatening going forward when he went off. Fages seemed to get the ball out quicker than Logan. Tireless worker though and he's definitely helping them without the ball.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I thought Logan went well. And i believe a lot of their brilliant defence was down to him being able to read our attack (rightly so) he also had the read of Micky mac for the first twenty.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I think in RL we have 2 types of hooker

1. aggressive and good defence - makes a mess for the opposition and puts in some big shots.

2. quick from the play the ball to run and quick distribution - keeping defence on the back foot - sometimes may have a good kicking game.

now I know its not always as black and white as this but I see MM as a style 1 hooker and I think we need a style 2 MM has some of the attributes of 2 but he is more of a 1. now Logan he is more of a 1 I would say where as we really need him to be more of a 2 and I don't think he is being told to play that way of maybe he can't. I think he will do a great style 1 for any team in SL given regular game time - just a shame he has MM in front of him! in my eyes he is the best SL number 9 - robys is a quality player style 1+2 but he does go missing when MM gets in his face!
mikey

Post by mikey »

Just an average player
Loved it when Micky laid into him 1st half
Sam Powell much better prospect
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

mikey wrote:Just an average player
Loved it when Micky laid into him 1st half
Sam Powell much better prospect
I must have missed the one occasion when Powell came on and gave anything more than a less than mediocore performance.