Under 19s Host Rhinos

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Green Machine

Re: Under 19s Host Rhinos

Post by Green Machine »

I do keep a note of the interchanges (pedantic I know) Leeds had the correct number in 10 interchanges. Don't know what's happened to having a fourth official at the under 19s but they haven't had one for months. Quite a few teams have flouted in the interchange rule with Hull, Huddersfield London being the worst offenders.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Green Machine wrote:I do keep a note of the interchanges (pedantic I know) Leeds had the correct number in 10 interchanges. Don't know what's happened to having a fourth official at the under 19s but they haven't had one for months. Quite a few teams have flouted in the interchange rule with Hull, Huddersfield London being the worst offenders.
Thanks for the clarification on that,I was not accusing them of having more but everytime i looked over another interchange was happening :) just my luck i guess
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gruffy wrote:
Green Machine wrote:I do keep a note of the interchanges (pedantic I know) Leeds had the correct number in 10 interchanges. Don't know what's happened to having a fourth official at the under 19s but they haven't had one for months. Quite a few teams have flouted in the interchange rule with Hull, Huddersfield London being the worst offenders.
Thanks for the clarification on that,I was not accusing them of having more but everytime i looked over another interchange was happening :) just my luck i guess
We thought the same & I knew you counted the interchanges that's why I asked you ????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What happened to Pete Meadows? i thought he did a lot of the 4th official stuff at Wigan?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We Just Did Enough - Peet

A slightly disappointed Wigan Warriors Under 19s Head Coach Matty Peet felt his team had done ‘just enough' to get the points after a hard-fought win over Leeds.

The Cherry and Whites overcame an early setback after conceding in the first minute of the game to run in six tries, four in a blistering first-half spell, to secure their second win over Leeds this year.

On the performance, Peet said: "I thought we were a bit sloppy. I think we got carried away with ourselves after the first 15-minutes and we went away from what we set out to do but credit to Leeds, they took their chances but I was a bit disappointed because we need to be better than that when we are defending on our goal-line.

"I don't think we played to the best of our ability and our skill was off at times but I think we just did enough to get the win but we now need to move on to next week." he added.

The academy coach was full of praise for utility-forward Kyle Shelford after putting in a man of the match performance, he said: "He is a versatile player, he has got a very good short passing game and he does the tough stuff well.

"He is a leader for us and I thought he set the tone for the game in the first 20-minutes." he added.

Peet was also pleased with the efforts of hooker Luke Waterworth, he said: "I thought Luke Waterworth was great in his first spell, he was working hard and did well - his contacts were good.

"I thought the link-up between Jake Shorrocks and Lewis Heckford worked really well, but maybe not enough." Peet added.

In-form winger Liam Marshall has impressed Peet of late, he said: "He has plenty of energy; he finishes really well and is a natural winger. I think the partnership between him and Gily [Oliver Gildart] is good."

On what needs to be improved, Peet said: "I think it is just about being more mature in our play, sticking to our process of rugby and sticking to what we do well. We need to be a little bit more clinical about what we are doing."

Next up for the Wigan Warriors Under 19s is a home fixture against local rivals St Helens on Saturday 4th July with a 14:00pm Kick Off at the Ad Options Stadium, Orrell.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... G1HB8xm.99
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:What happened to Pete Meadows? i thought he did a lot of the 4th official stuff at Wigan?

Not seen him at Orrell for ages. Not sure if he retired or not.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

No straw damn us wrote:I am going to disagree. I thought it was a very scrappy game, maybe the heat took it's toll, but with a bit more composure Wigan could have won that game by 20 - 30 points. Shelford was outstanding but we seemed to lose a lot of momentum when Waterworth went off. The Leeds fullback looked a very good prospect. Next week v Saints will be a big test, we will probably need a couple of the bigger forwards back.
The Leeds fullback Nick Rawsthorne is an interesting one, he played RL for England at under 15 level but then went to Rugby Union straight after that. I am not sure if he is still a contracted Union player with Leeds Carnegie or not but he was loaned to Leeds for a few games last season as well.
If I was in charge of the Rhinos or any other club, I would be trying to get him signed up, top player.
doc

Post by doc »

The Eclipse wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:I am going to disagree. I thought it was a very scrappy game, maybe the heat took it's toll, but with a bit more composure Wigan could have won that game by 20 - 30 points. Shelford was outstanding but we seemed to lose a lot of momentum when Waterworth went off. The Leeds fullback looked a very good prospect. Next week v Saints will be a big test, we will probably need a couple of the bigger forwards back.
The Leeds fullback Nick Rawsthorne is an interesting one, he played RL for England at under 15 level but then went to Rugby Union straight after that. I am not sure if he is still a contracted Union player with Leeds Carnegie or not but he was loaned to Leeds for a few games last season as well.
If I was in charge of the Rhinos or any other club, I would be trying to get him signed up, top player.
Did Ashton Golding play for the Leeds first team against Hull on the Friday? He was with the squad and I would have expected him to play FB.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The Eclipse wrote:
I agree, I am surprised that other clubs have not tried to lure him away.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards