Tactics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Tactics

Post by thegimble »

KOOCH wrote:I am going on holiday in the morning so I will just leave those with them rose tinge glasses on.Is this good rugby because if you think it is then you are more delusional than I think you are. We are crap clueless and led by a donkey.Now I'm off.
Bring back a coach plz.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The only way I can sum up my thoughts is that I don't enjoy watching us anymore, I am worried before every game, that is not good!! SW is looking out of his depth and I don't think he has it in him to turn this round and some of the players are simply not good enough!! Think we need a new coach and a mini revamp!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Wanes phillosophy is be brutal, well you need hard experienced players.

Chris hill, westwood and sims have pummelled us.

Ben flower looks frightened to get involved. Tautai is a one man error machine yet he stays on.

Bateman dropped, no lockers.

One mans principles are killing us
Ever since we lost to Sydney Wane has had an obsession with trying a different style and it does not work. Yes we are 3rd but Cas as breathing down our necks and we are taking a game to London.

We can forget getting to the GF this side can not play away.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

yokozuna wrote:The players being unable to catch a ball isn't the coach's fault. Surely they should have covered that aspect of the game a while ago?

But yes, looked clueless tonight.
Players been unable to catch a ball is not my concern (albeit it should be), but the absolute one dimension attacking phase tactics we showed tonight, and being unable to change the predictability of our attack is absolutely shocking. The players don't want to play for SW, I believe that is evident.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

How poor are we ,Tautuai must be dropped , He dropped more ball than Joe Westerman last week . We had no idea in how to beat a tough tackling team .our pack and half backs were non existant .

SW you ve got to go sorry .
sc74

Post by sc74 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:The only way I can sum up my thoughts is that I don't enjoy watching us anymore, I am worried before every game, that is not good!! SW is looking out of his depth and I don't think he has it in him to turn this round and some of the players are simply not good enough!! Think we need a new coach and a mini revamp!!
Yep, was unsure myself before the game, but then thought we'd do it.
Wakey would have beaten us tonight.
Wish I'd watchd something else, pissed off now.
Som of these players are gonna get hurt soon, they were getting pumelled.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

I find it extremely worrying that SW would not even think to change tactics/gameplan. You can just see it in his body language, stubborn/arrogant.

By no means have I been a SW hater, but it has become apparent we are out of ideas, he Is out of ideas and his tactics/gameplan will not work long term.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

sc74 wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:The only way I can sum up my thoughts is that I don't enjoy watching us anymore, I am worried before every game, that is not good!! SW is looking out of his depth and I don't think he has it in him to turn this round and some of the players are simply not good enough!! Think we need a new coach and a mini revamp!!
Yep, was unsure myself before the game, but then thought we'd do it.
Wakey would have beaten us tonight.
Wish I'd watchd something else, pissed off now.
Som of these players are gonna get hurt soon, they were getting pumelled.
Over the past 4-5 seasons when I have watched us I used to be confident of a win and know that it would take something special to beat us and not our own inept tactics and errors. Now when I watch us I literally fear for us!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I prefer to call it gameplan, again it was non existent. No doubt Whelley Warrior will explain everything later!

We are going back that quick our forwards will be sat with John the Baptist next week.

I am sick and fed up with Waney coming out with the same excuses, he either needs to change things or leave.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

KOOCH wrote:I am going on holiday in the morning so I will just leave those with them rose tinge glasses on.Is this good rugby because if you think it is then you are more delusional than I think you are. We are crap clueless and led by a donkey.Now I'm off.
Enjoy, things can only get better, Leeds next week!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield