Ban Wane from interviews!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Ban Wane from interviews!!!

Post by Kiwiseddon »

"You need a strong ref when you come here?!"
Brilliant Shaun! Yeah blame that!!
Not the one dimensional play that even Stevo commented on.
Not the list of errors that you've said you'd fix all season.
Not the ridiculous penalty count against us that again you've talked about all season.
Not the fact that you're being out coached every game now.
Not the complete lack of organisation within the one structure we do have.
Not the fact that we've 2 wins from 10 away from home this season.

No...... blame the supposed weak refereeing and then spend the rest of the interview back tracking.

Time's up. I can't watch this pantomime anymore.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Wintergreen

Re: Ban Wane from interviews!!!

Post by Wintergreen »

Kiwiseddon wrote:"You need a strong ref when you come here?!"
Brilliant Shaun! Yeah blame that!!
Not the one dimensional play that even Stevo commented on.
Not the list of errors that you've said you'd fix all season.
Not the ridiculous penalty count against us that again you've talked about all season.
Not the fact that you're being out coached every game now.
Not the complete lack of organisation within the one structure we do have.
Not the fact that we've 2 wins from 10 away from home this season.

No...... blame the supposed weak refereeing and then spend the rest of the interview back tracking.

Time's up. I can't watch this pantomime anymore.
Not half as much as you need a strong pack.

The ref was fine.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Just ban him from the training ground.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Looks like the walls are closing in.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It is sad to seemingly be proven right when it would be much better to be totally wrong. Wire are at their lowest ebb for many seasons yet they were far too good for us. To be fair SL is poor across the board which really is the only reason we win games and remain quite high in SL.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

cpwigan wrote:It is sad to seemingly be proven right when it would be much better to be totally wrong. Wire are at their lowest ebb for many seasons yet they were far too good for us. To be fair SL is poor across the board which really is the only reason we win games and remain quite high in SL.
I'm of the opinion time if fast running put/has passed for SW. I ask myself, and other supporters, the question though: should SW go now or at the end of the season, who is available to replace, and who would fans want?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

None of us want to be right when it's a negative against the team(s) we follow and enjoy, but then again we are all not tinted bespectacled happy clappers.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:It is sad to seemingly be proven right when it would be much better to be totally wrong. Wire are at their lowest ebb for many seasons yet they were far too good for us. To be fair SL is poor across the board which really is the only reason we win games and remain quite high in SL.
I'm of the opinion time if fast running put/has passed for SW. I ask myself, and other supporters, the question though: should SW go now or at the end of the season, who is available to replace, and who would fans want?
Possibly somebody on a temporary basis. I am not suggest him but even Noble short term had a positive impact. I know it is not popular with many but I believe if we want a short term boost, Ellery would be great. There may well be coaches in Aus.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

By itself this isn't a big thing but I noticed that many of the players weren't executing the prematch warmup active stretching runs well at all. Some were just jogging through instead of performing the routine, like they thought they didn't need to do it. I'm not sure why they wouldn't. It seemed they didn't buy into the goals of the exercises.

Later the team were slipping all ove4t the pitch. Perhaps they would have learned something about under foot conditions if they had been more dynamic in warm up. But more importantly it seems to show a lack of commitment to the methods of the coaching team and the required attention to detail that true winners have. It was like they thought they could get away with less than others for some reason.

By itself this would obviously be totally trivial, but in the context of the overall performance I think its showing something that is concerning.

I hope we focus on more than hurting people in training. Focus on the detail of correct execution of skills must reduce errors when under pressure and we definitely have a problem with errors right now.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

cpwigan wrote:
NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:
Possibly somebody on a temporary basis. I am not suggest him but even Noble short term had a positive impact. I know it is not popular with many but I believe if we want a short term boost, Ellery would be great. There may well be coaches in Aus.

No he wouldn't.