v Wire Thoughts?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: v Wire Thoughts?

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: *says
Nah, soz, it's ses!!
*No *sorry
:slee:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

gruffy wrote:Sat on the bus coming home bloody awful trying to think of a single player that came out of that with any credit and I can't
Bowen, Manfredi and MM for when he was on. The rest are really struggling and unless Wane changes something in himself then we atr in real trouble of not making the top 4.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

MM looked knackered in his first stint. Better in the second though. I thought he might be a bit ill TBH.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
RC

Post by RC »

McIlorum was immense. Changed our team completely in that second half. Tautai was absolute garbage, this is also the first time I've slated him. Sargison played very well, too. Takes the ball up with enthusiasm; had multiple Wolves attacking him 10 metres away from his own tryline but kept going.

We're lacking in size and power. We've been outmuscled yet again. I'd love for us to sign the likes of David Shillington or Jared Waerea Hardgreaves, but I doubt it'll happen. Although mobility and speed is important, it means nothing with no gaps to run at! Ben Flower and Crosby have decent size, but they're not massive.

Patrick has disappointed me again. I never like slating the team, but he offers nothing. Smith and Williams didn't play well together, shambles of tactics at times. Bowen did okay; poor in attack mostly but did good enough in defence.

Wire simply played better than us. No excuses. Although, James Child is an awful referee. What was the difference between the scragging between Westwood/Patrick and Crosby/Ormbsby (I think)? Oh right, Crosby made a tackle and Westwood was a dirty sh!thouse yet again.

We lack aggression. We got absolutely bullied. Regret losing Pettybourne, strangely. I liked him. Aggressive, but needed more time to fit in I think. He's certainly better than Patrick and Tautai. He's doing very well in the NRL, too.

Get Powell gone, do not rate him. At all. Bring Tommy Leuluai back. Harrison Hansen, too. I think he's a far better player than J. Tomkins.

Tactics need changing NOW. Wigan wouldn't of beat Rose Bridge u16s if they were the same size. Far too predicable in attack.

My first proper post this, don't go to harsh on me :wink:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: Nah, soz, it's ses!!
*No *sorry
Put me on ignore then, simple!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mike wrote:MM looked knackered in his first stint. Better in the second though. I thought he might be a bit ill TBH.
Brad Dwyer was the best hooker on the park by a country mile. If MM is knackered then it must be down to our excellent training regime as we haven't played for a fortnight! Warrington were patched up and playing on fumes and yet they overwhelmed us, any chairman/owner worth his salt would be calling the coach into his office tomorrow morning and demanding to know what is going on and how things will be fixed. I suspect IFL will do nothing during the season but if we end up empty handed, for the second successive season, then I would expect the axe to drop.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: *No *sorry
Put me on ignore then, simple!
I like fishing too much. :D
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Il if you had any b*lls you would get rid of the buffoon now .
I m worried that our season is over again without us having a cat in hells chance on winning anything .

To think we have had a weeks extra coaching tells us a lot about how we re playing .
Wandering Warrior

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Mike wrote:MM looked knackered in his first stint. Better in the second though. I thought he might be a bit ill TBH.
Brad Dwyer was the best hooker on the park by a country mile. If MM is knackered then it must be down to our excellent training regime as we haven't played for a fortnight! Warrington were patched up and playing on fumes and yet they overwhelmed us, any chairman/owner worth his salt would be calling the coach into his office tomorrow morning and demanding to know what is going on and how things will be fixed. I suspect IFL will do nothing during the season but if we end up empty handed, for the second successive season, then I would expect the axe to drop.
I suspect most will expect SW will be gone next season should the GF not be attained. So it's bye bye unless there's a second coming.
As an aside Wane seems to be as clueless about sorting the team out as the World is sorting out ISIS.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

RC wrote:McIlorum was immense. Changed our team completely in that second half. Tautai was absolute garbage, this is also the first time I've slated him. Sargison played very well, too. Takes the ball up with enthusiasm; had multiple Wolves attacking him 10 metres away from his own tryline but kept going.

We're lacking in size and power. We've been outmuscled yet again. I'd love for us to sign the likes of David Shillington or Jared Waerea Hardgreaves, but I doubt it'll happen. Although mobility and speed is important, it means nothing with no gaps to run at! Ben Flower and Crosby have decent size, but they're not massive.

Patrick has disappointed me again. I never like slating the team, but he offers nothing. Smith and Williams didn't play well together, shambles of tactics at times. Bowen did okay; poor in attack mostly but did good enough in defence.

Wire simply played better than us. No excuses. Although, James Child is an awful referee. What was the difference between the scragging between Westwood/Patrick and Crosby/Ormbsby (I think)? Oh right, Crosby made a tackle and Westwood was a dirty sh!thouse yet again.

We lack aggression. We got absolutely bullied. Regret losing Pettybourne, strangely. I liked him. Aggressive, but needed more time to fit in I think. He's certainly better than Patrick and Tautai. He's doing very well in the NRL, too.

Get Powell gone, do not rate him. At all. Bring Tommy Leuluai back. Harrison Hansen, too. I think he's a far better player than J. Tomkins.

Tactics need changing NOW. Wigan wouldn't of beat Rose Bridge u16s if they were the same size. Far too predicable in attack.

My first proper post this, don't go to harsh on me :wink:
It wasn't James Child. The referee performed better than anyone in C&W hence the result.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards