Joel Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Joel Tomkins

Post by butt monkey »

Irrespective of the win, how bad is he?

Shockingly lazy, poor, sloppy player. We have gotten rid of far better than him.

Now please come online and give the excuses that he has been up all night with diarrhoea. Had a vomiting bug. Sore elbow and passed a late fitness test or some other lame excuse for that rubbish he served up in the forwards tonight.

Here is a guy not worthy of a first team spot on current form never mind total lack of effort.

Should never have re-signed this over-rated player from Saracens in the first place.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
medlocke

Re: Joel Tomkins

Post by medlocke »

another player we should have left well alone
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Don't agree. I think that Joel played well for the first part of the season and looks knackered now. By all accounts he's one of our fittest players and I think he does a huge amount of work. He plays 80 mins nearly every game in a tough position and probably just needs a break. Like most players he makes the odd mistake and he can be hot headed but I feel that he always puts in 100% effort. If you see the players close up at the end of the match you can tell those that have put in a full shift and Joel invariably does.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Have a feeling he was only brought back for Sams benefit
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote:Don't agree. I think that Joel played well for the first part of the season and looks knackered now. By all accounts he's one of our fittest players and I think he does a huge amount of work. He plays 80 mins nearly every game in a tough position and probably just needs a break. Like most players he makes the odd mistake and he can be hot headed but I feel that he always puts in 100% effort. If you see the players close up at the end of the match you can tell those that have put in a full shift and Joel invariably does.
Agreed. I think despite some mistakes he's been very good. But then I think Bowen has also. So what do I know.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO wrote:
southportcdm wrote:Don't agree. I think that Joel played well for the first part of the season and looks knackered now. By all accounts he's one of our fittest players and I think he does a huge amount of work. He plays 80 mins nearly every game in a tough position and probably just needs a break. Like most players he makes the odd mistake and he can be hot headed but I feel that he always puts in 100% effort. If you see the players close up at the end of the match you can tell those that have put in a full shift and Joel invariably does.
Agreed. I think despite some mistakes he's been very good. But then I think Bowen has also. So what do I know.
Are you two for real?

As for the 100% effort I suggest you two get the DVD and watch again as Joel walks around that pitch as if without a care in the World.

Every (and I mean every single time) HE was last in line after every kick or break by Widnes. More often than not, three tackles had been completed by Wigan before he had even gotten back onside.

It was not as if we even have the fastest pob's - we don't. We have some of the slowest I have ever seen.

That guy simply did not want to know and was noticed by more than myself in his total lack of effort/interest (note not even mentioning his poor form and lack of discipline both with and without the ball, but nice of you to bring that back up).

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

cherry.pie wrote:Joel has all the skills to be the best back row forward in the country but at the moment he's a long way from that. He's innefective defensively (what's wrong with bending your back and tackling like players are taught, rather than trying to grab the shirt?), is rarely threatening taking the ball into contact and one of his best qualities, his offloading ability, seems to be used to hand the ball to the opposition more than to his teammates.
He's the biggest disappointment of the season for me given there was plenty of hype about him at the start of the year.
I wonder if fatigue is playing a big part and affecting his performance or is the way he's being asked to play a bit like Larne Patrick who isn't the same player he was at Huddersfield.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

So Joel has had a hick up in his form of recent... he has just been moved back from playing centre.

Joel has 99% of the time been a solid player does the hard graft and has helped set up some brilliant trys.

I will say he didnt have a good game last night but very few wigan players did. We were flat devoid of anything but predictable attack moves.
but he did just as well as anyone else in defence.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Caboosegg wrote:So Joel has had a hick up in his form of recent... he has just been moved back from playing centre.
You are missing the point totally :roll:

A drop in form I can accept, have seen many better players than him have spells of poor play and accept that is the nature of sport

What I saw last night was a player with NO INTEREST in being on the field.

Please tell me you did not see him walking around all match back into the offensive line? Yes he was not the only one, but he was consistently the last and throughout the entire 80 minutes also.

Form is temporary but a can't give a sh7t attitude suggest more is wrong with him

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

butt monkey wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:So Joel has had a hick up in his form of recent... he has just been moved back from playing centre.
You are missing the point totally :roll:

A drop in form I can accept, have seen many better players than him have spells of poor play and accept that is the nature of sport

What I saw last night was a player with NO INTEREST in being on the field.

Please tell me you did not see him walking around all match back into the offensive line? Yes he was not the only one, but he was consistently the last and throughout the entire 80 minutes also.

Form is temporary but a can't give a sh7t attitude suggest more is wrong with him
Have noticed similar behaviour from him in other games, though probably not as bad as you say he was last night