Joel Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Joel Tomkins

Post by morley pie eater »

Aware that opinions about any given player always vary, thought it was worth checking stats on Joel v Widnes:

38 tackles, 12 marker tackles, 2 missed, 2 busts. 50 metres from 11 carries.

Make of these what you will.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Whelley Warrior wrote: Apart from that, did you enjoy watching the the game on Friday.
Stop trolling, as you well know I am living in Turkey.
Had I have been in the UK, then of course I would've gone.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Don't get me started on the video ref,the biggest waste of space perhaps ever when they get it wrong what is the fecking point? we call the refs on the field bad but they're worse sat in their ivory towers having a cup of tea and a digestive possibly watching big brother or jeremy kyle repeats instead of wathcing the game,the mind boggles at the sheer waste of money that it is,you know i can take a human error on the field i really can they even themselves out over time but the video ref is uselss.

Time after time try after try instead of cheering and getting on with the game we wait for a nano,micro managed descion from the buffons in the box,all about as tense as a trip to the dentist,give me the old days when we just got on with it.

I did warn you about getting me started about video refs ive edited this 5 times for swear words etc..
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
gruffy wrote:I thought Joel was pretty good for the first part of the season but something has gone wrong,game after game since May time he wanders about doing very little he should have been rested long since to see if it is just a dip in form as his current form doesn't warrant his place in the side.
Not been as good since he returned to the back row from having to fill in at centre and only hope that the same does not happen with Bateman as well.
Bateman is a totally different animal to Tomkins, men against boys as I see it. Can't see him letting the team down wherever he plays.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

morley pie eater wrote:Aware that opinions about any given player always vary, thought it was worth checking stats on Joel v Widnes:

As you say mpe, stats are only relevant when place in context

Considering Joel spent the entire time in the defensive line for every scrum (rather than packing down) it would account for a large number of his tackles. How many were second or third man tackles as I never saw him bring anyone down on his own (as say Clubb)?

An average of 5 metres per carry would seem about right but I am amazed he managed that many carries as he was rarely back onside to actually help bring the ball out of defence at any point in the game!

Never saw the tackle busts either, I know we made very few breaks in the entire match as most of our attacking plays came from Kicks.

Amazing the only couple of breaks we made were by Joel - somehow they must be half-breaks but that is tenuous at the very generous least.

As others said, for a senior player his form or rather lack of it and minimal effort is more than disconcerting
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sc74 wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Apart from that, did you enjoy watching the the game on Friday.
Stop trolling, as you well know I am living in Turkey.
Had I have been in the UK, then of course I would've gone.
Sorry, but I was only trying to ascertain if it was Turkey as you seem to move about quite a lot.

Enjoy!
markill

Post by markill »

butt monkey wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:Aware that opinions about any given player always vary, thought it was worth checking stats on Joel v Widnes:

As you say mpe, stats are only relevant when place in context

Considering Joel spent the entire time in the defensive line for every scrum (rather than packing down) it would account for a large number of his tackles. How many were second or third man tackles as I never saw him bring anyone down on his own (as say Clubb)?

An average of 5 metres per carry would seem about right but I am amazed he managed that many carries as he was rarely back onside to actually help bring the ball out of defence at any point in the game!

Never saw the tackle busts either, I know we made very few breaks in the entire match as most of our attacking plays came from Kicks.

Amazing the only couple of breaks we made were by Joel - somehow they must be half-breaks but that is tenuous at the very generous least.

As others said, for a senior player his form or rather lack of it and minimal effort is more than disconcerting
A lot of his tackles are usually in combination with a smaller/weaker defender as he defends one in from Smith, so that might account for the level of effort despite you never seeing him make one on one stops. He worked hard on Friday and looked knackered, but nothing really came off for him either. No idea why we rotated four in the props who do so little work when Joel didn't get a break other than half time even though this week he clearly wasn't up to it.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
curryman

Post by curryman »

curryman wrote:
sc74 wrote:
slimshady wrote:

slimshady

Post by slimshady »