Errea

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bomhead

Errea

Post by bomhead »

what do people think about Errea - do you rate them more than ISC and other kit suppliers in SL - I think pricing wise they are a tad high and can improve in some areas

disclaimer - this is just my opinion please do not brand me a none true supporter because I do not share your opinion it is simply a little bit of fun. please comment responsibly and not when you have had 10 pints of Theakston mild thanks
Wes

Re: Errea

Post by Wes »

Don't mind them tbh think the sizes are a good fit.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

that's a good point - some people have said the new shirt sizes are to small - what do you think of the camo gear I like it
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Quality is fine. Not too keen on the designs of the training kits etc, it's the first time in a while I've not bought anything other than a home shirt.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I thin the training gear has shocked a few people - I do like it but my dad hates it which I can understand - not sure about the bright neon gear though
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Its good quality kit. The important one was the home shirt which I think they got spot on with a nice traditional design.

The sizing, you need to buy a size up, but the club were pretty up front about this so it wasn't an issue for me. Price wise its no different to the ISC stuff. On the expensive side in my opinion but in line with other clubs both within rugby league and other sports as well.

Some of the designs are interesting...

The camo i was a bit unsure of when I saw the pictures, but have to say it does look quite smart when the players are warming up in it. As for the neon green, not so sure. Some of the hoodys, polos and training tops are very smart though.

I think it's fair to say they've experimented a little and some of it has worked and some of it really hasn't. The away shorts come to mind straight away there! Then you have the acedemy kit on the other hand. I think if they had offered that as a home shirt (particularly after the non-trad one last season) it wouldn't have gone down too well, but it looks smart. I suspect we may see (if Errea are used for a few years) the academy kit used as the place to experiment and try designs on the fans.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I agree - I just hope that errea have a lot more play in them than isc who simply made one range and changed the colours for each club
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

I like the stuff i've bought,the home kit in particular was a masterstroke,clean and simple you couldnt ask for anything more other than it was a bit on the small size so i had to go a size up for comfort.

The training gear i hate but my wife loves it,a marmite type of kit i suppose.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I liked & bought both shirts I had to buy a size larger but was pre warned by the club about this so okay. £47 plus another £10 for O'Loughlin & 13 on the back of both.

I bought the U19's shirt loved the design, this fitted okay in my usual size - go figure

I have since bought two of the academy shirts for two my nieces little boys. One was for a very skinny, small 10 year old, he was born at 23 weeks so has never caught up so bought the size recommended by the store staff & got the YXS 9-10 year old, £35 plus £10 for his name & age on the back

The second was for a 4 year old who was a good sized 4 year old. Asked the staff for advice told to buy the 2xs 5-6 year old £35 plus £10 for his name & age on the back, it is an extremely skinny fit & nearly pulled the boys head off when trying to get it off. Not very happy with the kids sizing to be perfectly honest.

Thought the quality & design of all the shirts was very good compared to what we've had in previous years.

As for the other items in store, quite a few are extremely expensive, IMO of course, for what they are. The size range of anything that isn't replica strips is very poor as the sizes are a lot smaller than expected. They don't cater for the well endowed women amongst us. Or in my case fat barsteward size :wink: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

I agree Joe the products are a over priced - I compare prices to things that are sold in down under leisure - I got a very nice NZW vest for 38 and gellings varsity vest is 35! I do like his varsity range but it is very expensive if you compare it to a vest that has come from NZ. I hope errea hang around and listen to the fans and do something really special to build the brand of WW