Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bomhead

Re: Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Post by bomhead »

Warrior20 wrote:
bomhead wrote:
Warrior20 wrote: Cuthbertson is not a replacement for Peacock. Mullally from Huddersfield is, who Leeds have signed for next season!
I thought Mullally was leuluis replacement no?
Cutherbertson signed for this year after Leeds released Bailey and Ian Kirke. They also wanted Mossop but he came back to us.
Mitch Garbutt has also been brought in this last month or so (He was initally a signing for next year I believe) and he Mullally are replacing Peacock and Leuluai as far as I am aware.
I agree - the point I was trying to make was that other teams seem to loose stars but do a good job of recruiting players of a high standard to replace them - who will be wigans next 13? lockers is a massive influence on the team who are we getting to replace such a leader or promote within to replace him.

from the world cup - wire got ashton sims, saints got mossy and we signed probs the cheapest option as per pettybourne who was cronic.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

bomhead wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:
bomhead wrote: I thought Mullally was leuluis replacement no?
Cutherbertson signed for this year after Leeds released Bailey and Ian Kirke. They also wanted Mossop but he came back to us.
Mitch Garbutt has also been brought in this last month or so (He was initally a signing for next year I believe) and he Mullally are replacing Peacock and Leuluai as far as I am aware.
I agree - the point I was trying to make was that other teams seem to loose stars but do a good job of recruiting players of a high standard to replace them - who will be wigans next 13? lockers is a massive influence on the team who are we getting to replace such a leader or promote within to replace him.

from the world cup - wire got ashton sims, saints got mossy and we signed probs the cheapest option as per pettybourne who was cronic.
I think you'll find that will be Bateman
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Fujiman wrote:I think you'll find that will be Bateman
You beat me to it.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

bomhead wrote:
sorry Josie - the point I am making is wane shouldn't be allowed to look after our youth setup and the current staff aren't as good as previous and I don't think we are getting the best of wigan youth that is out there - I only mentioned ST as an example of wanes attitude towards some young players
Why shouldn't Wane be allowed to look after the youth set up? He did a great job before when he was fully in control. I understand that a head coach cannot be fully responsible for youth as well but he should have a great input into what they do as they will be the future players.

As for Wane's attitude to young players, how many has he given debuts to? How many young players have played this year?

He has shown faith in Williams at stand off rather than going safe and signing someone.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: So let me get this right because Leeds signed Cuthbertson to replace Peacock that makes all our recruitment awful?

Dwyer has set SL alight this season? Wire released him then paid to sign him back and he has far from set SL alight, unlike Manfredi, Budgie, Williams who have all had far better seasons than him.

I never slate our youth players, I might say some need to move on if I feel they are not good enough but that is not 'slating' them!

Is Clubb, Bateman, Gelling, Bowen, Tomkins, Flower etc. not good recruitment?

I would also say that MM, Charnley, Budgie, Williams, Farrell, Tomkins, Manfredi, Lockers etc are at least SL Stars wouldn't you or at the very worst becoming them. 21 of our current 30 man squad is through our youth tell me another club like that? No club has the right to monopolise all the youth talent it is common sense at times the odd one will slip through the net, your point again is unrealistic!!

You are clearly trying to have another dig at SW, using our recruitment you might just get away with it but bringing our youth system into it is ludicrous and quite frankly very silly!!
yes that's exactly what I am saying 'because Leeds signed Cuthbertson to replace Peacock that makes all our recruitment awful'..... if you think that's my point you are the silly one! leeds are loosing a star and have found a star to replace him we have lost stars and as fare as I can see we haven't. other clubs as well as leeds have done this also the best recruiters are Castleford they have no money but look deep and find great talent.

I am not saying our whole youth structure is flawed but I think it is on the decline - dom , budgie (who is gone) and George have all been great finds - Charnely and Lockers are done as fare as some people think on here which I don't I think they could be utilised better in the squad.

Clubb, Bateman, Gelling, flower are good CHEAP signings but these are past signings who have we signend of worth this season?? I am talking now not years ago now this season - we signed bowen if you ask me there are far far faaaar better fullbacks around - he was a class player but he is to old and I feel for him - if you think bowen was a good signing compared to other options that we had like everyone else then that's laughable.

you are living in the past our club this season has not recruited well and has lost some of its better youth in my opinion.

Cuthbertson isn't a star! If he was he would be playing in the NRL!! So come on add some more evidence to your argument about all the 'star' players SL clubs sign because on pedigree we arguably got the best in Bowen!!

Tell me what Castleford have won/achieved recently with their great recruitment and youth policy?

Charnley and Lockers are done? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Past signings? They are still part of our recruitment and have been very good signings!! Does the fact they are cheap not make it better recruitment? Also we have just signed Sam Tomkins!

Tell me better full backs currently playing in SL that were available that are better than Bowen when we signed him?

What youth have we lost please do tell?

This hole you have dug is only getting deeper!!
Charnely and Lockers are done as fare as some people think on here which I don't I think they could be utilised better in the squad.

I don't think you read so good pal :baaa:

so Cuthbertsons been put forward as man of steal and they are dying to get him playing for England and he isn't a star.......most players who play in SL wouldn't be stars in the NRL take ST for example. if you don't think he is a star in SL and been a good signing then that's your opinion I think lots would disagree.

we had a none discloser agreement with Sam so he had no choice, we had first refusal and you would sooner sign a load of cheap players than one or two brilliant ones.... are you IL in disguise? the only reason Sams come back is because he was home sick not because we have actively gone out and signed him sam with JT - not making it in union and Moose not making it in THE NRL they approached us we didn't actively seek them out and uncover them and before you say it yes we did many moons ago at youth level.

there are a lot better FB about than Bowen we could have looked into the championship as well as SL and the auz championship leagues rather than signing a player of good 'pedigree' (we can't use him for breeding hahahaha)I cannot remember what FB contracts were available that year but I would bet that younger better prospects were around.

fare enough cas haven't won anything but that still doesn't stop them making so good signings on a shoe string.

ive named two already - dwyer, wilde and what the original topic is about hughs now and Budgie has gone we might not be able to have kept him but he has still gone. if we are dragging up the past Chris Hill is from wigan but our club showed no interest in him I bet you think he isn't a star either. What about Matty Russell fare enough he is injury prone but he is still a talent and logan far better than Sam P as a hooker.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

These posts are becoming increasingly difficult to read.
Instead of quoting everything someone writes, as long as you keep their user-name at the start, you can remove the excess just make sure their user-name is also at the end.
If you preview it first, then you can check it is right.

:)
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

bomhead wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote: yes that's exactly what I am saying 'because Leeds signed Cuthbertson to replace Peacock that makes all our recruitment awful'..... if you think that's my point you are the silly one! leeds are loosing a star and have found a star to replace him we have lost stars and as fare as I can see we haven't. other clubs as well as leeds have done this also the best recruiters are Castleford they have no money but look deep and find great talent.

I am not saying our whole youth structure is flawed but I think it is on the decline - dom , budgie (who is gone) and George have all been great finds - Charnely and Lockers are done as fare as some people think on here which I don't I think they could be utilised better in the squad.

Clubb, Bateman, Gelling, flower are good CHEAP signings but these are past signings who have we signend of worth this season?? I am talking now not years ago now this season - we signed bowen if you ask me there are far far faaaar better fullbacks around - he was a class player but he is to old and I feel for him - if you think bowen was a good signing compared to other options that we had like everyone else then that's laughable.

you are living in the past our club this season has not recruited well and has lost some of its better youth in my opinion.

Cuthbertson isn't a star! If he was he would be playing in the NRL!! So come on add some more evidence to your argument about all the 'star' players SL clubs sign because on pedigree we arguably got the best in Bowen!!

Tell me what Castleford have won/achieved recently with their great recruitment and youth policy?

Past signings? They are still part of our recruitment and have been very good signings!! Does the fact they are cheap not make it better recruitment? Also we have just signed Sam Tomkins!

Tell me better full backs currently playing in SL that were available that are better than Bowen when we signed him?

Charnely and Lockers are done as fare as some people think on here which I don't I think they could be utilised better in the squad.

so Cuthbertsons been put forward as man of steal and they are dying to get him playing for England and he isn't a star.......most players who play in SL wouldn't be stars in the NRL take ST for example. if you don't think he is a star in SL and been a good signing then that's your opinion I think lots would disagree.

we had a none discloser agreement with Sam so he had no choice, we had first refusal and you would sooner sign a load of cheap players than one or two brilliant ones.... are you IL in disguise? the only reason Sams come back is because he was home sick not because we have actively gone out and signed him sam with JT - not making it in union and Moose not making it in THE NRL they approached us we didn't actively seek them out and uncover them and before you say it yes we did many moons ago at youth level.

there are a lot better FB about than Bowen we could have looked into the championship as well as SL and the auz championship leagues rather than signing a player of good 'pedigree' (we can't use him for breeding hahahaha)I cannot remember what FB contracts were available that year but I would bet that younger better prospects were around.

fare enough cas haven't won anything but that still doesn't stop them making so good signings on a shoe string.

ive named two already - dwyer, wilde and what the original topic is about hughs now and Budgie has gone we might not be able to have kept him but he has still gone. if we are dragging up the past Chris Hill is from wigan but our club showed no interest in him I bet you think he isn't a star either. What about Matty Russell fare enough he is injury prone but he is still a talent and logan far better than Sam P as a hooker.
When did I say you said Charnley and Lockers are done? I just laughed at the statement so think you need to read things properly!

A star is Inglis, Thurston, Gallen, Cronk, Smith etc. not Adam Cuthbertson, he is a good SL player nothing more nothing less!

What are you going on about Sam and cheap signings? You said we haven't signed any one of quality recently, I said Sam T, end of discussion!

So now you are looking into the detail of a signing rather than the actual signing, you surely are confusing yourself. We have signed some quality players recently and some that haven't worked out pretty much like every other club.

Name the full backs better than Bowen that were available when we signed him please! Still waiting for names! Just for clarification pedigree has more than one meaning such as distinguished, excellent, or pure ancestry.

Would you have Hughes before Tomkins, Farrell, Bateman and Lockers?

How do you know we didn't show an interest in Chris Hill? We don't have a right to sign every player that is available. For one we have a salary cap to keep to and secondly how many do you want in our squad? Players become available and only 1 club can sign them, we win sometimes and we lose.

So you want Russell at FB before Bowen and ST, clearly you have lost the plot. Logan is still our player as is Powell, did you watch the game last night by the way, Powell didn't do to bad!!

Finally, let's clear this up, our youth set up is no longer good enough because we missed out on Dwyer (2nd choice hooker at Wire) and another player that no one has ever heard of?

Sorry one more thing, can I ask when did you get released by Wigan?

'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Cuthbertson isn't a star! If he was he would be playing in the NRL!! So come on add some more evidence to your argument about all the 'star' players SL clubs sign because on pedigree we arguably got the best in Bowen!!

When did I say you said Charnley and Lockers are done? I just laughed at the statement so think you need to read things properly!

A star is Inglis, Thurston, Gallen, Cronk, Smith etc. not Adam Cuthbertson, he is a good SL player nothing more nothing less!

What are you going on about Sam and cheap signings? You said we haven't signed any one of quality recently, I said Sam T, end of discussion!

So now you are looking into the detail of a signing rather than the actual signing, you surely are confusing yourself. We have signed some quality players recently and some that haven't worked out pretty much like every other club.

Name the full backs better than Bowen that were available when we signed him please! Still waiting for names! Just for clarification pedigree has more than one meaning such as distinguished, excellent, or pure ancestry.

Would you have Hughes before Tomkins, Farrell, Bateman and Lockers?

How do you know we didn't show an interest in Chris Hill? We don't have a right to sign every player that is available. For one we have a salary cap to keep to and secondly how many do you want in our squad? Players become available and only 1 club can sign them, we win sometimes and we lose.

So you want Russell at FB before Bowen and ST, clearly you have lost the plot. Logan is still our player as is Powell, did you watch the game last night by the way, Powell didn't do to bad!!

Finally, let's clear this up, our youth set up is no longer good enough because we missed out on Dwyer (2nd choice hooker at Wire) and another player that no one has ever heard of?

Sorry one more thing, can I ask when did you get released by Wigan?
we haven't signed him he had to come back to us and wanted to that isn't a signing that's an agreement

I think the statement about lockers and charnley being done is laughable which I said I don't agree with - so do you agree with me on this point? I can't tell as you didn't state that you just put laughing emojis

bare ST who isn't a signing he is just a resigning who are these quality signings we have made this season? you asked who wigan had let go and I said Jack H that doesn't mean I rate him over the above I asked who are we going to use in replacement of lockers?

I know we didn't show an interest in him because I grew up with him same as adam sidlow another that we let slip through and chris dean - I am not saying we need to hold onto them all just the best - I would rate hilly over dom and the now retired paul Prescott.

That's fare enough Sam P did play well last night credit where credit is due - you said at the time we signed bowen who was around for a FB role.....ST wasn't as that's the reason we were signing a new FB so yes I would have prefferd Matty Russell at FB over bowen and the only reason ST is coming back is home sickness and maybe that he hasn't set the NRL alive not because we actively went out and recruited him that is a fact! so you can't keep banging on about how good of a signing he is when he has just used us as a fallback - don't get me wrong I am happy he has but who have we signed who you think we have done great scouting there to bring him to wigan and I am not talking ages ago I am talking this season.

that's the job of Youth isn't it to bring through good young talent that no one has heard of and make them a star for there home club not release them and keep players who aren't as good or play players in there postion because that position is filled already - I don't think dwywer will be second choice for long.

I chose to go in the forces and carry my RL carrier there as it was more money and I had better carrier options as an engineer if you must know IL or should I say poor wigan scout who has spat the dummy because they are under performing in signings :D :D :D :D
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Is this a quote-a-thon? Who do I sponsor?
sc74

Post by sc74 »

sc74 wrote:These posts are becoming increasingly difficult to read.
Instead of quoting everything someone writes, as long as you keep their user-name at the start, you can remove the excess just make sure their user-name is also at the end.
If you preview it first, then you can check it is right.

:)
Any takers? :conf: