Hull v Wigan / Brilliant score by Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Hull v Wigan / Brilliant score by Burgess

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

What stood out for me last night was the team comradery. The celebrating of tries was good to watch!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Pedrotheexile

Post by Pedrotheexile »

2 seasons in the Nrl and Burgess will be one of the best wingers in world rugby-he's just a naturally gifted athlete with a consumate attitude and will just get better & better.FFS-he's still only a kid.
Hopefully with the Aussie economy crashing and the exchange rate following suite he'll be back home when he's at his peak.A joy to watch.
TrueBlueWarrior

Remember when Budgie returns to us it won't be a signing it will be an agreement so really it's not a signing so really he shouldn't be our player and that means really he shouldn't play for us!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

AdamMac wrote:What a difference a week makes...

Just a thought... I wonder if the majority of people who were around me at Widnes in the first game of the season still think we should put Burgess 'on the next plane to Aus' :eh:
Along with Bowen?

I forget which recent home game it was but the entire row sat behind me were blaming him for every mistake if he was within five yards of the play.

As the game wore on and he had a stormer it was quite funny listening to them changing their tune. He went from utter crap "let's club together for an airplane ticket to OZ for him", to quite good to brilliant over the course of the 80 minutes!

Mind you I can remember one person who used to sit in the vicinity who never failed to have a go at Andy Farrell.

Don't understand it myself. Whatever are our opinions on the players merits expressed on here I never slag them off like that during the game. Too busy willing them on to win.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I used to have a 'fan' sit behind me in the East stand and all he did was HAMMER finch whenever he kicked the ball down field and the full back caught it on the full.

'bloody hell Finch, straight down his throat AGAIN'

Funny thing was when he did a good kick or put on a good play/scored a try he was as silent as a mouse.

Thank god he's moved or doesn't come anymore.

Haters gonna hate I suppose

AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Thought it was a very good professional performance. Job done. Chances put away defence solid.

Thought it was Sam Powell's best game in a Wigan shirt. If Gelling looked a bit rusty against Wire, he certainly didn't last night. Good way to finish the regular season and good to hit a bit of form as we enter the business end.

Interested to hear peoples views about this Chef on the bus thing that both Sky and 5 Live were going on about? Apparently rather than go to a hotel pre-game they were served a meal prepared by a Premier League chef on the team bus? Seems to have done the trick because it's a while since we've blown a team away like that away from home.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Brilliant score by Burgess

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:Great try from Powell, starting to show his doubters wrong
Not a jot from him tonight that changes my mind over him being selected before Hampshire.
Last week Hampshire played as one of the top 2 Wigan players as I see it.
The same couldn't be said of Powell last night against a very average team.
I fancy me and you could have scored in last nights game. :lol:
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Brilliant score by Burgess

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:Great try from Powell, starting to show his doubters wrong
Not a jot from him tonight that changes my mind over him being selected before Hampshire.
Last week Hampshire played as one of the top 2 Wigan players as I see it.
The same couldn't be said of Powell last night against a very average team.
I fancy me and you could have scored in last nights game. :lol:
Are Hull not better than Widnes PM?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Tuigamala wrote:
AdamMac wrote:What a difference a week makes...

Just a thought... I wonder if the majority of people who were around me at Widnes in the first game of the season still think we should put Burgess 'on the next plane to Aus' :eh:
Too true its funny listening to some fans rants when they have never actually played the game themselves. It's all about the glamour side of the game for some fans like who's scoring the tries or making the breaks but the tough side of the game like the dominant tackles and the try saves seem to go unnoticed.
Credit and praise where credit and praise is due. I don't know any fan that criticizes for the sake of it when said player has not warranted that in the first place.

Yes there are players we all would prefer NOT to be in the team and they are the ones we are more than likely to pick up errors off. However, to imply that players should be "immune" to that very same criticism just because they make errors or play badly simply because we are all fans and should support them regardless is ridiculous!

Joel played better last night. Does that make up for his pathetic effort against Widnes or could he not be that poor again so soon? Was he THAT much better though?

Powell also has his moments. Like others say, it depends on how you class that game. For Hull they were dire and their fans knew it when they walked off with about 20 minutes to go, but you can only play what is in front of you and I sincerely hope Powell can repeat that form against better sides than Hull.

I very much enjoyed Wigan winning last night. How can any fans of the club not? Some of our stuff was superlative but some of that defence from Hull was also some of the worst I have seen (Lockers try anyone).

With the super 8's now impending it is about getting all the players fit and motivated in readiness. The pre-season rubbish of SL is over and we can concentrate on fixtures that mean something now
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Re: Hull v Wigan

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kittwazzer wrote:Is it just my telly or is there something different with the Sky cameras tonight?
Picture is fine tonight. Although I did switch to Corrie at 36-12!