Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bomhead

Re: Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Post by bomhead »

Just because people don't agree with my points on this forum or on this subject doesn't mean I chat garbabge if people don't agree with you then that apparently doesn't make me a true fan. I know ST has signed with us i asked you what good signing have we made this season all you could come up with was Sam he wanted to come back to us well I thought he did but apparently he would have gone to wire which is news to me anyway we didn't actively scout him did we and seek him out to fill a hole I'm the squad it was a no brainer what can't u see about that? It is an opinion forum and we don't see eye to eye on this I stand by what I say rather than change my opinions because others say different - Cuthbertsons not a star.....he was rubbish in the NRL good point made by firestarter - ow well cuthbertson is a good player hahahaha well stuck by your guns there pal
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

bomhead wrote:Just because people don't agree with my points on this forum or on this subject doesn't mean I chat garbabge if people don't agree with you then that apparently doesn't make me a true fan. I know ST has signed with us i asked you what good signing have we made this season all you could come up with was Sam he wanted to come back to us well I thought he did but apparently he would have gone to wire which is news to me anyway we didn't actively scout him did we and seek him out to fill a hole I'm the squad it was a no brainer what can't u see about that? It is an opinion forum and we don't see eye to eye on this I stand by what I say rather than change my opinions because others say different - Cuthbertsons not a star.....he was rubbish in the NRL good point made by firestarter - ow well cuthbertson is a good player hahahaha well stuck by your guns there pal
Seriously again what on Earth are you going on about?

What has being true fan got to do with it?

What has scouting Sam got to do with it? You said we haven't signed anyone good this season, I said yes we have Sam, FACT!! End of discussion!!

Cuthbertson is NOT A STAR!! FACT!! He is a good SL player like I said right from the beginning of the discussion IF YOU READ IT PROPERLY!!

You are either a troll or confused, I hope it's the latter!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
bomhead wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Cuthbertson isn't a star! If he was he would be playing in the NRL!! So come on add some more evidence to your argument about all the 'star' players SL clubs sign because on pedigree we arguably got the best in Bowen!!

Tell me what Castleford have won/achieved recently with their great recruitment and youth policy?

Charnley and Lockers are done? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Past signings? They are still part of our recruitment and have been very good signings!! Does the fact they are cheap not make it better recruitment? Also we have just signed Sam Tomkins!

Tell me better full backs currently playing in SL that were available that are better than Bowen when we signed him?

What youth have we lost please do tell?

This hole you have dug is only getting deeper!!
Charnely and Lockers are done as fare as some people think on here which I don't I think they could be utilised better in the squad.

I don't think you read so good pal :baaa:

so Cuthbertsons been put forward as man of steal and they are dying to get him playing for England and he isn't a star.......most players who play in SL wouldn't be stars in the NRL take ST for example. if you don't think he is a star in SL and been a good signing then that's your opinion I think lots would disagree.

we had a none discloser agreement with Sam so he had no choice, we had first refusal and you would sooner sign a load of cheap players than one or two brilliant ones.... are you IL in disguise? the only reason Sams come back is because he was home sick not because we have actively gone out and signed him sam with JT - not making it in union and Moose not making it in THE NRL they approached us we didn't actively seek them out and uncover them and before you say it yes we did many moons ago at youth level.

there are a lot better FB about than Bowen we could have looked into the championship as well as SL and the auz championship leagues rather than signing a player of good 'pedigree' (we can't use him for breeding hahahaha)I cannot remember what FB contracts were available that year but I would bet that younger better prospects were around.

fare enough cas haven't won anything but that still doesn't stop them making so good signings on a shoe string.

ive named two already - dwyer, wilde and what the original topic is about hughs now and Budgie has gone we might not be able to have kept him but he has still gone. if we are dragging up the past Chris Hill is from wigan but our club showed no interest in him I bet you think he isn't a star either. What about Matty Russell fare enough he is injury prone but he is still a talent and logan far better than Sam P as a hooker.
When did I say you said Charnley and Lockers are done? I just laughed at the statement so think you need to read things properly!

A star is Inglis, Thurston, Gallen, Cronk, Smith etc. not Adam Cuthbertson, he is a good SL player nothing more nothing less!

What are you going on about Sam and cheap signings? You said we haven't signed any one of quality recently, I said Sam T, end of discussion!

So now you are looking into the detail of a signing rather than the actual signing, you surely are confusing yourself. We have signed some quality players recently and some that haven't worked out pretty much like every other club.

Name the full backs better than Bowen that were available when we signed him please! Still waiting for names! Just for clarification pedigree has more than one meaning such as distinguished, excellent, or pure ancestry.

Would you have Hughes before Tomkins, Farrell, Bateman and Lockers?

How do you know we didn't show an interest in Chris Hill? We don't have a right to sign every player that is available. For one we have a salary cap to keep to and secondly how many do you want in our squad? Players become available and only 1 club can sign them, we win sometimes and we lose.

So you want Russell at FB before Bowen and ST, clearly you have lost the plot. Logan is still our player as is Powell, did you watch the game last night by the way, Powell didn't do to bad!!

Finally, let's clear this up, our youth set up is no longer good enough because we missed out on Dwyer (2nd choice hooker at Wire) and another player that no one has ever heard of?

Sorry one more thing, can I ask when did you get released by Wigan?
Just to prove a point Bomhead that I don't change my opinions because of what others say, I said he was a good player but not a star from the beginning!! Think you need to hold your hand up don't you? :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
sc74

Post by sc74 »

LOL, can't be bothered reading it but it looks amusing.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

bomhead wrote: I know ST has signed with us i asked you what good signing have we made this season all you could come up with was Sam he wanted to come back to us well I thought he did but apparently he would have gone to wire which is news to me anyway we didn't actively scout him did we and seek him out to fill a hole I'm the squad it was a no brainer what can't u see about that?
Look Bomhead, I don't know you and I am not going to enter a debate nor start calling you names. I am more than happy to have someone willing to come on here and offer their own opinions and viewpoints. So welcome Bomhead :)

As for people calling IL "short arms" is this not derogatory? It is wrong and unfair to call Wane but the owner is fair game?

Whilst I might not be happy with our recruitment policy, and at times does appear to be nothing short of a production line for other teams, their appears nothing Wigan can actually do about it without saying (like Koukash has done) that to hell with the Salary Cap.

I was not happy that Pat Richards was not replaced BUT more than happy we had such a player in the making with Joe Burgess doing such a fantastic job (pity we didn't get the goal kicking sorted though I know :wink: ) in his place. Have we another who can fill that role at centre? We shall see, but that is part of being a fan.

As for Sam, yes he was going to play for Warrington.

Like it or not, no agreement or other such rubbish was going to stop Sam signing for the team offering the most money. IL made the resigning of Sam his #1 priority and yes we may have paid over the odds to get him back. Only long term can that be judged a success or not. IL did not want Sam playing against Wigan though, so please "Wandering Warrior" (from another thread) tell me how he is "short arms"?

Back on topic.

Jack Hughes appears to have come on in leaps and bounds after regular first team at Huddersfield, something Wigan could not offer him. Sorry but we cannot guarantee him that for next season either so I am sure he will have made his own mind up to look elsewhere if the travelling to Yorkshire is too much for him
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

Thanks butt monkey

What am I holding my hand up for?? I never said charnley and lockers are done I said that's what people are saying and I don't agree - you just scimmed over my post and jumped in with 2 feet! So what your basically saying now is cuthbertson a good player but not a star in SL you must hold your opinions pretty high seeing as he may be man of steel come the end of the season

You have your opionin I have mine if anyone reads through our posts you will see I hold my hand up if you or anyone else makes a valid point - I don't get a rage And start throwing emojis about and calling people trojons, not true fans and all that rubbish not everyone will see eye to eye with what happens
TrueBlueWarrior

bomhead wrote:Thanks butt monkey

What am I holding my hand up for?? I never said charnley and lockers are done I said that's what people are saying and I don't agree - you just scimmed over my post and jumped in with 2 feet! So what your basically saying now is cuthbertson a good player but not a star in SL you must hold your opinions pretty high seeing as he may be man of steel come the end of the season

You have your opionin I have mine if anyone reads through our posts you will see I hold my hand up if you or anyone else makes a valid point - I don't get a rage And start throwing emojis about and calling people trojons, not true fans and all that rubbish not everyone will see eye to eye with what happens
You said I never said cuthbertson was a good player and only said it after another posting pointed it out! I have highlighted in bold and massive letters me saying he was a good player right from the beginning of the discussion to prove I did! What more proof do you need, clearly you can't read things properly, as its above in massive black and white text!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH CHARNLEY AND LOCKERS!! You need to read things properly!

CUTHBERTSON IS A GOOD SL PLAYER NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS!! I SAID THIS FROM THE BEGINNING, HE IS NOT A STAR PLAYER,FACT!!

WINNING MAN OF STEEL DOES NOT MAKE YOU A STAR PLAYER REMEMBER RANGI CHASE?? IS HE A STAR?

I really hope that all makes sense!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: But Sam T is coming back FACT and signing for us FACT he is also a good NRL player FACT and a STAR at SL level FACT!!

There is only one delusional poster here, suggesting Wigan have missed out by not signing Dwyer, Sidlow, Dean and Wilde (still never heard of him)!!

Your opinions on the abilities of certain players is laughable!! Cuthbertson a STAR player, Sidlow better than Preccy who played most of his career with serious injuries, Dwyer setting the SL alight, Russell before Bowen and ST! Suppose you would like Mathers and Tim Smith back to play behind Sidlow.

We never let Hill slip through the net he was never our player.

We haven't made any good signings? Ok so you don't rate Bateman then?

Clearly the Wigan youth system has upset you in some way be it directly or through a friend, my advice is get over it!!
Stop feeding him once he mentioned Sam as an agreement i almost past out. A contract is an agreement. Sam wants to play for us and if that does not make everyone happy then if not i genuine think they are trolling.
Gimble, so I take you don't agree with him then? :lol:

Heck no most of what he posts is aimed at getting a reaction. Seems when one account gets closed another opens.

TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Stop feeding him once he mentioned Sam as an agreement i almost past out. A contract is an agreement. Sam wants to play for us and if that does not make everyone happy then if not i genuine think they are trolling.
Gimble, so I take you don't agree with him then? :lol:

Heck no most of what he posts is aimed at getting a reaction. Seems when one account gets closed another opens.
I think you are right, he is either on a wind up or lacking elsewhere! I thought I had made it very clear in my posts and easy enough for a 4 year old to understand, obviously not!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sam Tomkins owes his success to his work ethic, putting in multiple extras . This was definitely the case until 20, presumably / hopefully still is!

AND

An exceptional post 16 growth spurt

Oh Shaun Wane?