Rocky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Rocky

Post by thegimble »

East Stand Faithful wrote:This all started from Cps comment of "You obviously never played sport to a decent level. Winners are never satisfied with mediocrity WIN or lose. Stupid fans are blinded by a result!"

Some of that was inflammatory but This bit is quite astute "Winners are never satisfied with mediocrity WIN or lose. "

We all want Wigan RL to be the best and I am sure both CPW and TBW will both agree that the above quote is a sound assertion.

I am equally sure you have both played sport to a high level and so have I but can we cut the mud slinging and get on with the rugby!
ESF would you agree that the worst people who knows anything about sport are the ones who played it at any decent level. Look at the Sky RL commentary team. That is about the only thing we all agree apart from 1 they were all good players but know sod all about the game.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

My chosen sport as a career was not RL and I am the first to admit my RL knowledge as in the playing of the game, techniques, strategies, plays etc. is nowhere near the level of other posters and that is why I never argue about the ins and outs of the actual game and the way we play. Now don't get me wrong I know enough to know when we play well and don't play well and know more than just the basics from years of watching it. However my chosen sport I would like to think I know the sport very well and I base that on my experiences of playing it to a high level and working with people that were at the elite level!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:My chosen sport as a career was not RL and I am the first to admit my RL knowledge as in the playing of the game, techniques, strategies, plays etc. is nowhere near the level of other posters and that is why I never argue about the ins and outs of the actual game and the way we play. Now don't get me wrong I know enough to know when we play well and don't play well and know more than just the basics from years of watching it. However my chosen sport I would like to think I know the sport very well and I base that on my experiences of playing it to a high level and working with people that were at the elite level!!
If you played football for Everton then that does not count.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

thegimble wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:This all started from Cps comment of "You obviously never played sport to a decent level. Winners are never satisfied with mediocrity WIN or lose. Stupid fans are blinded by a result!"

Some of that was inflammatory but This bit is quite astute "Winners are never satisfied with mediocrity WIN or lose. "

We all want Wigan RL to be the best and I am sure both CPW and TBW will both agree that the above quote is a sound assertion.

I am equally sure you have both played sport to a high level and so have I but can we cut the mud slinging and get on with the rugby!
ESF would you agree that the worst people who knows anything about sport are the ones who played it at any decent level. Look at the Sky RL commentary team. That is about the only thing we all agree apart from 1 they were all good players but know sod all about the game.
Gimble I think some of the commentary team are ok and make some good points. I think Jon Wells makes good technical points (even though he seems to dislike Wigan) but Hemmings is an idiot at times. Stevo is a nice guy who I met last year and he gave me a tour of the sky sports operations. I think he is knowledgeable about Rl but he seemed quite old and tired when I spoke with him. He is a different person on camera. Sky sports should recruit fresh blood to replace wiggy and Stevo.

I do not agree that ex pros no nothing about the game. It's an illogical argument to say otherwise because you learn a lot from playing any sport. Maybe part of the problem is rugby players are not the sharpest knives in the box with some notable exceptions.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Also, I meant to say I am getting fed up with the personal bickering on here.

I do not agree with everyone's opinion and try to have a laugh from time to time but the personal agendas on here are getting tedious for me.

Maybe we all need a refresher on the AUP/ rules for this site?

Contrary to some people's views I have met CPW at a fans forum and found him very knowledgeable about RL and very passionate about Wigan Rl.

I am sure the same is true of TBW!

Live and let live as we are all on the same side!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:My chosen sport as a career was not RL and I am the first to admit my RL knowledge as in the playing of the game, techniques, strategies, plays etc. is nowhere near the level of other posters and that is why I never argue about the ins and outs of the actual game and the way we play. Now don't get me wrong I know enough to know when we play well and don't play well and know more than just the basics from years of watching it. However my chosen sport I would like to think I know the sport very well and I base that on my experiences of playing it to a high level and working with people that were at the elite level!!
I wasn't going to get involved but i'm not having that!!!
TrueBlueWarrior

East Stand Faithful wrote:Also, I meant to say I am getting fed up with the personal bickering on here.

I do not agree with everyone's opinion and try to have a laugh from time to time but the personal agendas on here are getting tedious for me.

Maybe we all need a refresher on the AUP/ rules for this site?

Contrary to some people's views I have met CPW at a fans forum and found him very knowledgeable about RL and very passionate about Wigan Rl.

I am sure the same is true of TBW!

Live and let live as we are all on the same side!
I have always said cp's knowledge is astounding and not just about RL and always read and respect his views/opinions often agreeing with most, I never instigate getting personal with him if I disagree, unfortunately lately he has left me no choice but to respond to his personal attacks at me!! However, I don't hold grudges and if he says something I agree with on a certain topic I will be the first to tell him so!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

sheepsteeth wrote:
thegimble wrote:
I wasn't going to get involved but i'm not having that!!!
:lol: I am an Everton supporter and it felt strange playing against them!! :wink:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

butt monkey wrote:I can't even play tiddlywinks but even I know Hampshire should be getting far more game time than he has been doing.

From the matches I have watched he looks like a great attacking player who needs a fixed position that gives him more opportunity to show that skill rather than just being lumbered with "he's another Sam stick him at full back" argument.

With next seasons rule changes he is going to be (in my opinion) a very important player to have in your side
What rule changes next year?
sc74

Post by sc74 »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Also, I meant to say I am getting fed up with the personal bickering on here.

:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: Well said.
Said someting similar about 6 months ago, but I think some people just like the agro, maybe they need to get out a bit more.