Theo Fages resignation.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
KOOCH

Re: Theo Fages resignation.

Post by KOOCH »

I remember people saying that morekashthansense was good for rugby league.Oh yeah really!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Do you not think the Doc is?

After-all he rescued a SL club that had no other prospective buyers. He has signed several players. He has generated publicity for the sport. He was the main advocate of the Marquee rule.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:Do you not think the Doc is?

After-all he rescued a SL club that had no other prospective buyers. He has signed several players. He has generated publicity for the sport. He was the main advocate of the Marquee rule.
And you honestly think he's rescued Salford. Because if the state they are currently in is rescue of a super league club then I honestly do not believe he should be involved in rugby league in any Capacity.Theo Fages on garden leave,Iestyn Harris garden leave players complaining of not being paid etc. Would the current situation at Salford be acceptable to you if it involved our own club. The sooner this man departs to pastures new other than rugby league the better.I can understand your stance regarding morecashthansense because you backed him to bring a breath of fresh air to our sport.Well if that is the case I would sooner choke in the smog.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wigan Watcher wrote:A good signing for us
He's better than Smith.
So should we sign him and let Smith and Rocky go.
No. Sign him and just let Smith go.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You mean Salford, the loss-making Super League club that he took over in 2013?

The Salford that Mr Salford John Wilkinson OBE was chairman of Salford RLFC between 1982 and 2013 and despite incredible passion and loyalty could not move Salford beyond what it has been since the 70s, loss making; struggling to survive on and off the pitch.

Ever thought Salford is an incredibly tough prospect, far tougher than say Wigan and even IL took some time to get the club where it is now.

Like anybody I am sure the Dr has made mistakes, often supporting his coaches but he has also been a positive force in RL and deserves credit.

Will the Dr make Salford successful? I do not know. If he does it will be an amazing achievement. I for one hope he can and does.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

KOOCH wrote:

And you honestly think he's rescued Salford. Because if the state they are currently in is rescue of a super league club then I honestly do not believe he should be involved in rugby league in any Capacity.Theo Fages on garden leave,Iestyn Harris garden leave players complaining of not being paid etc. Would the current situation at Salford be acceptable to you if it involved our own club. The sooner this man departs to pastures new other than rugby league the better.I can understand your stance regarding morecashthansense because you backed him to bring a breath of fresh air to our sport.Well if that is the case I would sooner choke in the smog.
I wonder if YOU or your like were saying the same about ML / the gang of 4 when they replaced CC winning coaches; when star players took their ball home such as Ellery and Edwards.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:
KOOCH wrote:

I wonder if YOU or your like were saying the same about ML / the gang of 4 when they replaced CC winning coaches; when star players took their ball home such as Ellery and Edwards.
Me and my like.No I just do not follow your party line.And if your happy in your belief that morecashthansense carry on believing.And please do not try to be clever with me because I have found your constant ego trip of hogging the site with your I am cleverer than you attitude just does not wash.You are one of the reasons that I find myself seeking opinion of others on other forums as you just clog up the site with your twenty odd thousand posts.End of conversation with you.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: He's better than Smith.
So should we sign him and let Smith and Rocky go.
So what is Rocky going to do sit and wait as he is now knowing inside 18 months he will start or we sign Fages and let both go.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

KOOCH wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
KOOCH wrote:And you honestly think he's rescued Salford. Because if the state they are currently in is rescue of a super league club then I honestly do not believe he should be involved in rugby league in any Capacity.Theo Fages on garden leave,Iestyn Harris garden leave players complaining of not being paid etc. Would the current situation at Salford be acceptable to you if it involved our own club. The sooner this man departs to pastures new other than rugby league the better.I can understand your stance regarding morecashthansense because you backed him to bring a breath of fresh air to our sport.Well if that is the case I would sooner choke in the smog.
Excellent post
Me and my like.No I just do not follow your party line.And if your happy in your belief that morecashthansense carry on believing.And please do not try to be clever with me because I have found your constant ego trip of hogging the site with your I am cleverer than you attitude just does not wash.You are one of the reasons that I find myself seeking opinion of others on other forums as you just clog up the site with your twenty odd thousand posts.End of conversation with you.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:
thegimble wrote: So should we sign him and let Smith and Rocky go.
So what is Rocky going to do sit and wait as he is now knowing inside 18 months he will start or we sign Fages and let both go.
Did I say that?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards