Jack Hughes

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Jack to Wire

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Can't say I am gutted to be honest!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:no big loss
I agree but to some this will be the biggest lose since Sam left.
It's amazing how much we have gotten used to mediocre players thanks to the cap, so much that some fans are bigging them up to be super stars in the making, oh how i long for days of Renouf, Furner, Lyon, Albert, Ngamu, Barnett, Big Lesley et all, even Nikau and Tuuta would be an improvement on some SL players
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Jack Hughes

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
superleague wrote:But Joel is kept on which baffles me he's a shadow of the player he once was and is a liability
He knows his place in the team is safe, he needs competition and at the moment that competition is going to play elsewhere.
Wrong, the 'competition' is having to fill in at Centre and thankfully unlike Joel before him, it has not affected his form as a Back Row forward like it has, in my opinion affected Joel.

Perhaps the reason Wane swapped them around!
So if it has affected Joel's form then why is he in the team? Answer, there is not enough competition for places. Letting Jack go reduces the competition unless of course Wigan have a signing in the pipeline.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

All the best to a very promising player who in truth needed to move given his age / career stage in order to realise his potential.
shaunedwardsfanclub

cpwigan wrote:All the best to a very promising player who in truth needed to move given his age / career stage in order to realise his potential.
I agree but I can't understand why Wigan did not make him an offer, it is not as though we have anyone ready to make the step-up. I can only assume that we are going to recruit another forward.
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

cpwigan wrote:All the best to a very promising player who in truth needed to move given his age / career stage in order to realise his potential.
I agree but I can't understand why Wigan did not make him an offer, it is not as though we have anyone ready to make the step-up. I can only assume that we are going to recruit another forward.
I agree, I thought he showed some promise. Hope we don't regret it in a few years.
markill

Post by markill »

I assume they see Connor Farrell as being ready to have a bigger role next year, or plan on retaining Patrick. Then of course, you have Burke, Clubb and Flower who can do a job there if any two of the front line three are out at the same time. It's just a case of you can't keep them all with this one, under the cap and with good players wanting game time, Hughes couldn't stay and have Farrell and Bateman get paid. I'd rather keep Farrell and Bateman.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
gruffy

Re: Jack Hughes

Post by gruffy »

It's sad but the sheer pool of talent that flows through Wigan and its academy is to blame,if blame is the right word,sometimes you have to take a guess at the potential of a player and hope it doesn't bite you on the rear in years to come,i suspect though with jack it may well do as he does look the part.

But time as ever will tell.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Maybe he told Wigan he was never going to be interested in signing a new deal for them, so none was offered. Jose has put his short Wigan career in simple text and it mirrors his trials well..If i was messed about like that i would not go back !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
shaunedwardsfanclub

markill wrote:
I assume they see Connor Farrell as being ready to have a bigger role next year, or plan on retaining Patrick. Then of course, you have Burke, Clubb and Flower who can do a job there if any two of the front line three are out at the same time. It's just a case of you can't keep them all with this one, under the cap and with good players wanting game time, Hughes couldn't stay and have Farrell and Bateman get paid. I'd rather keep Farrell and Bateman.
The salary cap shouldn't be an issue unless we have other players signing. The loss of Mango, Thornley, Budgie and Patrick together with the fact that we have not spent up to the cap this season should give us quite a bit of dosh to play with. I accept that some players will be on incremental payments but we should still be able to make Hughes an offer. Jack had no option but leave as there isn't an offer on the table!