recruitment

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: recruitment

Post by Wandering Warrior »

thegimble wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:You don't need to simplify anything for me thanks! I might not be the brightest candle in the box but the point I'm making is let's not start judging how player's are till they've played against us and they've done no damage!
Warrington's goose was cooked before the Super 8's, Sandow was available, they took him. Now that is simplified.
No they had a chance but had to win every game maybe 2 dropped points. Once again Wire did not learn from the Andrew Johns signing. They panicked and went for the best option but again it failed.

Sandow will struggle if Wire pack is not improved. They might do us next week but does not hide the fact that they have failed to go into transition well. Are there issues at Wire we do not know of. Seeing Myler going to Catalan and Higham going. Their squad is a good squad top 6 easily but does signing players from the NRL on a consistant basis work.
As you say their pack needs to improve and the loss of big ears has been massive one for them. Myler does not take them round the park and they obviously think Sandow is a better organiser than anything they have on their books.
Higham is ageing so his departure is no surprise.
As for signings from NRL, aren't they always a gamble?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

No problem Wandering W!! :)
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
RC

Post by RC »

Wiganer Ted wrote: So which positions do we need to recruit for?
Centre is the obvious one.
Maybe an Intl prop if we could get one.
We will need a quality replacement for Lockers as he will retire in at least 2 years.
Sam Tagateaese is a player I rate highly. Puts in some massive hits in defence and runs the ball hard. I think he's been quiet this year, and he's off-contract for next year. He's a Samoan International who isn't afraid of other forwards when the game gets heated.

Big Unit, too! Just needs to get rid of that top-knot. :D
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:You don't need to simplify anything for me thanks! I might not be the brightest candle in the box but the point I'm making is let's not start judging how player's are till they've played against us and they've done no damage!
Warrington's goose was cooked before the Super 8's, Sandow was available, they took him. Now that is simplified.
No they had a chance but had to win every game maybe 2 dropped points. Once again Wire did not learn from the Andrew Johns signing. They panicked and went for the best option but again it failed.

Sandow will struggle if Wire pack is not improved. They might do us next week but does not hide the fact that they have failed to go into transition well. Are there issues at Wire we do not know of. Seeing Myler going to Catalan and Higham going. Their squad is a good squad top 6 easily but does signing players from the NRL on a consistant basis work.
As you say their pack needs to improve and the loss of big ears has been massive one for them. Myler does not take them round the park and they obviously think Sandow is a better organiser than anything they have on their books.
Higham is ageing so his departure is no surprise.
As for signings from NRL, aren't they always a gamble?
Exactly - all signings are a gamble but once they get a run of good games and a NRL club tempts them they are off home.
tommoore

Post by tommoore »

I see Tommy was in the stand tonight maybe he's the answer to my questions haha hope we get something happen to help put fire into the lads stomachs because they looked poor at times tonight! Hope that's the last bad result we get this season!!
TrueBlueWarrior

tommoore wrote:I see Tommy was in the stand tonight maybe he's the answer to my questions haha hope we get something happen to help put fire into the lads stomachs because they looked poor at times tonight! Hope that's the last bad result we get this season!!
It is to late to sign anyone for this season now!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
tommoore wrote:I see Tommy was in the stand tonight maybe he's the answer to my questions haha hope we get something happen to help put fire into the lads stomachs because they looked poor at times tonight! Hope that's the last bad result we get this season!!
What if NZW terminated his contract. Is the deadline for all players or contracted players. Just curious
TrueBlueWarrior

Good ?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
What if NZW terminated his contract. Is the deadline for all players or contracted players. Just curious
I would imagine its a registration deadline. So we could sign him now no problem and he could play for us, just not in SL.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
tommoore

Post by tommoore »

I'm not on about signing him now. Would any of yous like to see him back