Re: Higham Cant sign for wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

As much as I rate Godwin and his enthusiasm, Higham is a much better player, sentiment aside and based purely on talent I would choose Higham every time.
damien morrissey

Re: Higham Cant sign for w...

Post by damien morrissey »

I agree with you in principle Chris but hasnt Higham had lots of injuries at the end of last season and for a lot of this season.What would be the point of recruiting a player who spends so much time out Godwin has hardly missed a match all season.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

If high wants to come here whats stopping him.

Only thing he needs to do is refuse to go anywhere then he is still on their cap. That would put them in a fix. Theyd have a discruntled player who is stopping them recruting because hed be on the 20/20 and on the financial cap.

But id rather keep Newton and Godwin.
damien morrissey

Does anyone know the age difference between Godwin and Higham i think that Godwin has done well in his first season and will mature over time at the club especially under Terrys wing.
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Micky Higham's actually a family friend of ours but he won't tell us what he's doing next year!

Personally I would pick Higham over Godwin, although Godwin has had an awesome season Micky is a more talented player plus there's the bonus that he's a bigger guy, although he might not look it on telly.

I'm not sure of Godwin's age but im pretty sure he's still in his early 20's, although i could be wrong.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

damien morrissey posted:
Does anyone know the age difference between Godwin and Higham i think that Godwin has done well in his first season and will mature over time at the club especially under Terrys wing.
Higham's 25, Godwin 23. To be honest, I didn't think Godwin was as old as that, I had him down as about 19-20.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
damien morrissey

I have to say i am surprised that he is 23 i thought he was much younger than that in terms of looks and experiance. A question that always springs to mind with the Gleeson and Higham thig is this if Stains wont sell ANY player to us and they want to join us why dont they sign short term contracts at other clubs and then come over to us,surely Sts cant determine the length of contract a leaving player signs for his new club? can they?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

damien morrissey posted:
I have to say i am surprised that he is 23 i thought he was much younger than that in terms of looks and experiance.
I was surprised as well, but those ages are the clubs' respective official sites. He's nowhere near the player Terry Newton was at the same age.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Danny Tickle's No1 Fan!!!

Post by Danny Tickle's No1 Fan!!! »

Why does everyone think just because we have millward were gonna sign half of saints team??
We don't need another hooker we have Newton,Godwin & 1 of the young lads we've just signed.If we were gonna sign another why him? he's always injured would be a waste of money.
Wigan Till i Die..That'll Ding Dang Do 4 me!!
NOBBY'S NUTS 4 WIGAN!!

willie c

Post by willie c »

how can the board say that he can sign for any team but wigan surely he could have them up for restriction of trade
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra