Matty Bowen 1 more year

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
bomhead

Re: Matty Bowen 1 more year

Post by bomhead »

I think George is playing better at 6 now and should stay there Sam will only add danger at FB linking up with George on attack and hopefully if mango stays he can help out with STs defence and positioning.

who is going to be our back up 9 or does everyone think we don't need one? if we had mango on the bench ST could come up to 9 and mango go to FB then when teams tire ST could exploit this and do a good job out of dummy half for us
Mary from Wigan

Post by Mary from Wigan »

Since Matty joined Wigan could Wane have been coaching him in the Wigan way.I feel he has been given his head in the last few games and is now showing his true colours
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
southportcdm wrote:I agree that Mango has done really well for us this year. If he was happy with the arrangement (wage cut?) it would strengthen the squad and allow the possibility of trying Sam at 6 if necessary. My only concern would be where would it leave Rocky?
Or George as he is currently our number 6! :wink:
It would leave George in the team, he is higher up in the pecking order than Matty Smith!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

If Bowen stays I can see it being goodbye to Ryan Hampshire. He isn't happy at not being in the side now and this would be a further demotion.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Be great news if it happened. Whats latest with hampshire? Is he going be here next season?
IN WANE WE TRUST
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

With Sam arriving and the rumour about Bowen I thought would be going on the coaching staff. He's a full back and where would he play if Sam and Ryan are around?
Sam ain't going to go to 6.

We've no assistant and they always talk about how good Bowen is on the training field. If he's as good an influence as is spoken about then a coaching role for Bowen would seem to be most suitable for all concerned.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Feel sure Bowen's all ready fixed up for a job at the Cowboys next season.

Like ddtff said, he was thinking out loudly and he had not heard any rumour to suggest that Wigan were in any plans to sign him up either playing-wise or for coaching.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

eccywarrior wrote:Be great news if it happened. Whats latest with hampshire? Is he going be here next season?
He is still under contract next year but he has refused an extension.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wasn't he going to Widnes?
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

medlocke wrote:wasn't he going to Widnes?
No that was a pile of rubbish. They signed Corey Thompson to play full back
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!