Tonights Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Tonights Game

Post by Caboosegg »

i only came away with one concern from that match.
can Ben Flower handle emotional high games, both teams were up for it and despite his innocent plea he did try to punch westwood.

the RLF and the Media will look for any opportunity to destroy flower after last year and im concerned that we could end up down to 12 men in the play offs or final (if we get there). (although i do not expect he will do anything like last time) look what happened to Hock at salford this year in his last game he was sent of for something of nothing and copped a over the top ban,
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

[quote="Caboosegg"]i only came away with one concern from that match.
can Ben Flower handle emotional high games, both teams were up for it and despite his innocent plea he did try to punch westwood.

quote]

Where you concerned when Crosby went all out for Sims? Or when Joel Tomkins went for Currie for no justifiable reason?

I have no concern over what Flower did. A scuffle broke out, he went in and tried to give Westwood a bit of a smack, rough him up a bit, just like Westwood and Sims ran in trying to rough the Wigan players up. Nothing in it. It was no where near as bad as what Sims did to Mossop. Made me laugh how the commentators picked up on it but neither of them mentioned the fact both Sims and Westwood ran in ready for a fight.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Sorry Caboosegg, I disagree about your assertion that Ben tried to throw a punch. There was a melee and handbags being handed out, you could see the majority of the players were attempting to grab hold of players shirts to help break it. Ben had grabbed his shoulder with one arm and was tight in to the player, so attempted to grab him around the other shoulder to hold him in and PREVENT punches being thrown. You hardly are free enough to punch out whilst grabbing your opponents arm and shirt with the other hand ?
You could also tell with his expression when the ref spoke to him, completely different to his forlorn look at OT, and at no time was he accused of punching and the penalty went to us.
All just my opinion though.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Caboosegg wrote:i only came away with one concern from that match.

the RLF and the Media will look for any opportunity to destroy flower after last year and im concerned that we could end up down to 12 men in the play offs or final (if we get there). (although i do not expect he will do anything like last time) look what happened to Hock at salford this year in his last game he was sent of for something of nothing and copped a over the top ban,
No he didn't!!

Watch it again, the only person throwing a punch was Westwood before Flower grabbed him!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

just to clarify,

i am in no way against flower or saying it was anything more than tit for tat in rugby, however in my opinion he does punch him, ive watch the replay a few times as i was arguing with my Mrs (a warrington fan) that it wasnt a punch. it is a clenched fist and just because it doesn't make full contact doesnt mean it isnt a punch.

my point is not that flower will screw it up for us but more with the media and RFL obviously aware of last year, will he be harshly judged for even the smallest infraction.

my point r.e Gaz Hock got a red when salford played stain for supposedly using his knee in a tackle, although he had dont it earlier in the match and been warned the incident were he got the red he hadn't gone in to intentional do it.

if flower loses his cool when there is a fight in the play off or final (if we get there) then i can see the Ref giving him a over the top response.

* reworded so reads in my opinion (as it is just in my opinion)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Caboose, I completely understand what you are saying and actually agree with you. I still don't think it was a punch and I think Ben has controlled his aggression very well since his return but again I do hear what you are saying. :thum:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jobo

Post by jobo »

Nezza Faz wrote:Sorry Caboosegg, I disagree about your assertion that Ben tried to throw a punch. There was a melee and handbags being handed out, you could see the majority of the players were attempting to grab hold of players shirts to help break it. Ben had grabbed his shoulder with one arm and was tight in to the player, so attempted to grab him around the other shoulder to hold him in and PREVENT punches being thrown. You hardly are free enough to punch out whilst grabbing your opponents arm and shirt with the other hand ?
You could also tell with his expression when the ref spoke to him, completely different to his forlorn look at OT, and at no time was he accused of punching and the penalty went to us.
All just my opinion though.
Pretty much how I saw it too.
Trouble is, the muppets on sky are going to go overboard every time Flower gets involved in any type of scuffle.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington Wolves prop Ashton Sims, have been charged with offences committed in Super 8s Round 3 matches at the weekend.

Sims has been charged with Grade B stamping on Wigan Warriors player Lee Mossop in the 27th minute.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/spo ... _charged/?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Simms is a cheap shot merchant who will bully those who let him.
Justin Carney showed Simms cowardly true colours of a person who won't stand toe to toe when the going gets too tough.
Mac would have him crapping himself if things kicked off between them.
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

yokozuna wrote:
medlocke wrote:Tonights performance by the Wolfs make the pie video even more cringeworthy :lol:
It's yon mon on the left that makes me giggle. Those tight arse black jeans and jack boots, Never seen a dumbbell in his life. Favvers a Mark Calderwood lookalike.