One player for 2016

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: One player for 2016

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:With Mac on the floor Elima put the elbow into his face 3 times without the ref (Child I think), looking to penalise Elima. Mac looked at the ref and realised he was going to do nothing so he hit Elima with a short straight punch that Elima didn't look like getting the better of.
There was rumour that Elima had another go at Mac after the game but he lost that contest handsomely too.
2nd part is only a rumour.
Only one winner PM, we know who!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Josh M from KR

decent winger and good kicker he is worth it on that value alone. He could also do some kick returns to take the pressure off sam.

Watkins or moon would be great but i think a kicker is the most important thing for us
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
RC

Post by RC »

I rate Elima as a player but I can't stand him.
He's an absolute coward. All mouth and no action. He's always picked on the smaller players but only delivered cheap shots against blokes he knows would decimate him in a fight.

I'm glad McIlorum gave him a smack.

I'd go for Sam Tagataese. I've spoken about him a few times on this forum because he's a player I rate highly. He's a big Samoan prop who can put in some massive shots (No shoulder charges, mostly.) and he won't back down from a fight. I think he's been quiet this season, but we should still make a move for him. He's no Mose Masoe; he's mobile. Very big but very lean. He's off contract, so he'd be a realistic signing and one we could definitely pull off.

I'm probably going to get slated for this, but I'd love to see Pettybourne back in the Cherry & White. He could of had a stellar season in his second year. He probably won't come back, since he is doing well in the NRL again and he's staying for his father, too.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

RC wrote:I rate Elima as a player but I can't stand him.
He's an absolute coward. All mouth and no action. He's always picked on the smaller players but only delivered cheap shots against blokes he knows would decimate him in a fight.

I'm glad McIlorum gave him a smack.

I'd go for Sam Tagataese. I've spoken about him a few times on this forum because he's a player I rate highly. He's a big Samoan prop who can put in some massive shots (No shoulder charges, mostly.) and he won't back down from a fight. I think he's been quiet this season, but we should still make a move for him. He's no Mose Masoe; he's mobile. Very big but very lean. He's off contract, so he'd be a realistic signing and one we could definitely pull off.

I'm probably going to get slated for this, but I'd love to see Pettybourne back in the Cherry & White. He could of had a stellar season in his second year. He probably won't come back, since he is doing well in the NRL again and he's staying for his father, too.
RC the question is which SL player.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
RC

Post by RC »

Ah.

Have you got a rope I can lend? :conf:

It would definitely be Chris Hill.
He need a new centre and kicker but Chris Hill is World Class. He could give our forward drive a massive boost. I doubt he's happy at Warrington at the minute.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:With Mac on the floor Elima put the elbow into his face 3 times without the ref (Child I think), looking to penalise Elima. Mac looked at the ref and realised he was going to do nothing so he hit Elima with a short straight punch that Elima didn't look like getting the better of.
There was rumour that Elima had another go at Mac after the game but he lost that contest handsomely too.
2nd part is only a rumour.
Only one winner PM, we know who!!
didn't MM win tackle of the year for smashing Elma as well? or lockers?
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

RC wrote:Ah.

Have you got a rope I can lend? :conf:

It would definitely be Chris Hill.
He need a new centre and kicker but Chris Hill is World Class. He could give our forward drive a massive boost. I doubt he's happy at Warrington at the minute.
I played with Chris as a kid and he is a great lad and player but he was a bit small (believe it or not) no superleague club was interested in him so he went to leigh and I think he lost heart in wigan from then on because the players they had at prop in my eyes wasn't as good as him but can't keep everyone as I have been told :wink:
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

bomhead wrote:Matelino from HKR big unit on the wing and can goal kick
+1. :eusa2:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

All 3 of our wingers can't kick goals but they're streets ahead of Manilato as wingers as I see it.
If Wigan want to replace Budgie with a winger, I'd go for Justin Carney before Mantilato.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We don't need a winger for 2016, we've Charnley and Manfredi.

Centre might be a problem if Sarginson doesn't recover soon. Gildart played well v Wire but a continued run in the first team might put too much pressure on him too soon.
On the face of it though we have three centre now, we can't exclude Gildart from future reckoning.

Props wise we seem to be rumoured to be losing Patrick with Burke returning from HKR.
What's happening to Greenwood though?
Never heard of his future mentioned anywhere