rugby league live 3

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
x Wigan Warrior x

rugby league live 3

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Has anyone got it yet ? Is anyone getting it ?
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
medlocke

Re: rugby league live 3

Post by medlocke »

Heard it's shitter than Warrington in a Grand Final match, they've supposedly altered the game play for the worse
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I am thinking of getting it, I hated rugby league live 2 when I first got it but grew to really enjoy it, I'm assuming it will be the same here
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

I got it and i do like it afterall its only rugby league game on games consoles so the standards cant be that high enough to compare to likes of fifa etc. The game play is better and graphics aswell.
There is few problems like theres no challenge cup again and you cant change kits in career mode which means wigan kit is the home 1 all way through career mode. Theres few glitches aswell. Like i mentioned the game producers are only a minor company compared to likes of ea sports etc
IN WANE WE TRUST
Wigan_forever1985

i bought it on xbox one - im getting into it more, at the moment i still prefer rugby league live 2 but i felt like that last time for a while.

My main criticism of it is probably the way the players run across the ground, sounds strange i know but its almost as if they are skating on ice rather than running on grass, if you do a hand off for example you skid across the pitch 5m and if you want to turn or change direction its like you have a turning circle of the titanic.

That aside the game is better than the last far more options and customization

Its also got a be a pro feature those familar with the concept on fifa will understand but for those who arent you can opt to play as one player rather than the entire team.

I actually really like this, i dont think it works on fifa but i think it really does in a rugby league setting. Again its a little shy of being polished for example i would like the ability to call the next play i.e "drive" pass the ball left or right, you can only request a pass to you which if you accidentally do can lead to trouble

overall though for a rugby league game its pretty good
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

Its not that bad , i have it for pc and i would say its a massive impovement on rugby league live 2
Only i dont like is sometime when you try and pass and the pass is lagged allso playing multiplayer i cant take losing to aussies or anyone playing as saints :)
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
RC

Post by RC »

I absolutely love it.
I'm a massive gamer and I'm usually really critical about games but although it DOES have some flaws (All can be very easily ironed out by one patch), it's an amazing game.

The Be A Rookie mode is by far the best asset of the game. You play as an 17 year old and you must work your way to the first grade. I spend my first year at Leigh (Sorry), but moved to the NZ Warriors. I spent 3 years in the Juniour ranks and 2 at first grade. Won the Dally M Award in my last year as a Prop. Moved to Wigan on a Three-Year Deal for almost 700k per year.

On Pro Difficulty, the AI plays like a real team. It does have a tendancy to play hot-potato when it doesn't need to. I spoke the the head of bigant, and the AI can panick and make desperate moves. This should happen when the AI doesn't make enough yards or low on time, but sometimes it does it for no reason.

The Graphics are a massive improvement to the last game. Although it doesn't compete to some of the top tier games, it's still fantastic to look at. The player creation is amazing, too. The most indepth creator in all sports games I've played. Player likeness is off. Slightly in some players of the NRL, most of the time in the Super League.

The FanHub is revolutionary, though. I know a user under the name of 'blase' who has created some amazing players; exact replicas of their real-life counterparts.

I haven't played career mode as a manager, but I've been told it's definatly improved over the last game.

Be A Star is career mode as a real player, e.g. Sam Tomkins.
It's fun, but it doesn't beat Be A Rookie, much more immersive and more challenging.#

Auckland Nines is a blast. Loads of tries, lot's of breaks and more room for passing. It's also a good way of training yourself to pick players for cut-out passes and hit the gaps.

This game has the potential to be a 9/10, but at the bugs, glitches, exploits and lag during online matches really hold this game back from being a brilliant game; forwards are still nerfed too much for my liking, although they're much better than the previous game, they still need a buff to be effective in higher difficulties and online. In my eyes, it's already an amazing game, but it has the potential to be so much better.
Wigan_forever1985

I remember rugby league live 2 being terrible until they patched it and it became much better I think it's a little shy of being an awesome game but it's not far off.

I love the pro mode I'm playing fullback at the moment because it allows me to chime in when I like.

I agree re: hot potatoe it's sometimes a little silly
Wigan_forever1985

playing in the pro mode has anyone else had it where you simply are not playing for the team you signed for? its happened to me twice now and i cant work out whether its an unexplained feature (like a dual reg) or a glitch

first time it happened i was playing for leigh but when it got to the super 8's i was playing for huddersfield

then i signed for coventry bears but played only 2 games for them and have spent rest of the season playing for workington town