Matty Bowen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Matty Bowen

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

gillysmyhero wrote:When the balls up in the air it moves and for me it wrong footed him. Were was his protection. It was a mistake he didn't shit out in my opinion.im sorry for my keyboard warrior comments,Bowen didn't lose us the game we blew a lot of chances to put points on the board. We missed to many tackles and dropped to much ball and looked clueless near the line.
Are you Bowens mum! When the ball was up in the air it moved? Yes that is what it always does!! It wrong footed him? Why did it not wrong foot Jones? He shit out end of story!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Whelley Warrior wrote: but what about O'Loughlin losing the ball going over the line for a certain try and from the resultant play, Saints going to the other end of the pitch and scoring.
How dare you say a wrong word against the untouchable one, blasphemer :angry: :lol:
TrueBlueWarrior

GBH wrote:Bowen made a mistake on the high ball but he got absolutely no protection, to help him take it, we made way to many mistakes, we have all year looked hopeless when we get to the opposition try line, no flare or new ideas.
There defense was as good as ours when Maguire was here and we had no reply to it, Josh and Budge saw no ball on the wing they only saw the ball taking it up the middle.
We had the ground and we dominated for long periods but we just cant score tries when we need to.
It's not about a mistake or protection!! He didn't attempt anything, he just moved to the side!! It was embarrassing!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:its not about a mistake like TBW says, fans on the main can handle mistakes, if jones had out jumped him and got the ball fair enough but he just did nothing, he is a full back he cant always rely on protection

Look at it from the other team, bowen and quinlan both contests 2 high balls on the wigan attack, on neither occasion did quinlan get anywhere near catching it, however by contesting it he also made sure that Bowen didnt catch it.

I like TBW am not blaming bowen for the loss there was 78minutes of error and opportunity before, but the fact of the matter is, if he catches it or stops jones from catching it we are 99% going to win the game.

Bowen did this last year in the playoffs, he played well but at the end of the day he will get peppered with bombs from now on and he must at the very least compete
Exactly!!
TrueBlueWarrior

sheepsteeth wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:its not about a mistake like TBW says, fans on the main can handle mistakes, if jones had out jumped him and got the ball fair enough but he just did nothing, he is a full back he cant always rely on protection

Look at it from the other team, bowen and quinlan both contests 2 high balls on the wigan attack, on neither occasion did quinlan get anywhere near catching it, however by contesting it he also made sure that Bowen didnt catch it.

I like TBW am not blaming bowen for the loss there was 78minutes of error and opportunity before, but the fact of the matter is, if he catches it or stops jones from catching it we are 99% going to win the game.

Bowen did this last year in the playoffs, he played well but at the end of the day he will get peppered with bombs from now on and he must at the very least compete
When I was 9 I played football and the other team had a 9 year old that was about a foot bigger than everyone else. When I spoke to my dad at half time he asked why I didn't jump with the lad for a header. I said coz I couldn't beat him he's too big. My dad told me to jump with him because I'll at least put him off.

Bowen could do with having a word with my dad.
Exactly!!
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:Matty has shone recently but last night was a disaster particularly for someone so experienced. Competing for any ball v taller opponents you get up FIRST. Doing nothing is not an option!
Exactly!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Whelley Warrior wrote:You are all going on about Bowen and his terrible mistake at the end which cost us the game, but what about O'Loughlin losing the ball going over the line for a certain try and from the resultant play, Saints going to the other end of the pitch and scoring.

Sean had a poor game in my opinion and does not look fully fit.
Sean's was a mistake when trying to complete an action!! BOWEN DID NOT ATTEMPT ANYTHING!! Big difference!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Matty has shone recently but last night was a disaster particularly for someone so experienced. Competing for any ball v taller opponents you get up FIRST. Doing nothing is not an option!
He had a choice, contest the ball or tackle the player, he did neither and that is an error on his part. That said, he should have had some support. We should have deployed blocking tactics to prevent Saints players attacking the ball even at the risk of giving away a penalty and conceding two points. A draw was good enough for us last night even though we should have won comfortably.

The likes of Gregory, Edwards, Lam and Barrett must be cringing in their seats watching us try and close out a game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Can't beleive the crap I am reading on here.
Far to many stupd offload attempts in our own half. no pressure on the kicker. Stupid decisions to run instead of taking an easy 2 points. Unable to convert numerous drop outs to points. Singling out one player for the loss serves no purpose and I'm sure he feels crap enough without the constant slating.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

FROM A TO B wrote:Stupid decisions to run instead of taking an easy 2 points.
Do you blame the coach or the captain for those decisions?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards