Ben Flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior20

Re: Ben Flower

Post by Warrior20 »

Wiganer Ted wrote:When mentioning Flower there's always the phrase about his "brain fart" at Old Trafford.

He was the only one sent off due to the incompetance of the match officials and their lack of procedure over foul play which the on field officials don't see.
Flower should have been sent off for his retaliation but so should Hohaia. The Saints man ran 25 mtrs to smash his forearm/elbow into Flower's face the point of impact being his chin. Hohaia should have been sent off for that without question.
The refs should have the option to call on the VR as they do for tries but the procedure isn't there. They know they mess up repeatedly but refuse to do anything about it.

bentham messed up 5/6 weeks earlier in the Pettybourne/ Wood incident at the DW. It was hardly a surprise when he messed up yet again in the GF. But mess up he did!

Sometimes I think the match officials are beyond hope!
Oddly enough I was talking to an ex super league ref earlier this year and I asked him what he would have done in the grand final. He said without a doubt Flower had to go (we already knew that), but he said Hohaia should have seen red as well for elbowing a player in the face off the ball and he thinks Bentham bottled it as Hohaia had been knocked out. He also said Flower would have gotten away with just a sin binning had he hit him just the once.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Warrior20 wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:When mentioning Flower there's always the phrase about his "brain fart" at Old Trafford.

He was the only one sent off due to the incompetance of the match officials and their lack of procedure over foul play which the on field officials don't see.
Flower should have been sent off for his retaliation but so should Hohaia. The Saints man ran 25 mtrs to smash his forearm/elbow into Flower's face the point of impact being his chin. Hohaia should have been sent off for that without question.
The refs should have the option to call on the VR as they do for tries but the procedure isn't there. They know they mess up repeatedly but refuse to do anything about it.

bentham messed up 5/6 weeks earlier in the Pettybourne/ Wood incident at the DW. It was hardly a surprise when he messed up yet again in the GF. But mess up he did!

Oddly enough I was talking to an ex super league ref earlier this year and I asked him what he would have done in the grand final. He said without a doubt Flower had to go (we already knew that), but he said Hohaia should have seen red as well for elbowing a player in the face off the ball and he thinks Bentham bottled it as Hohaia had been knocked out. He also said Flower would have gotten away with just a sin binning had he hit him just the once.
Shame he is not still reffing!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:

Shame he is not still reffing!!
He is.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Get him back in SL then!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett