Oil Gildart

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Oil Gildart

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Take a bow young man, from the U19s a month or so ago to a Grand Final what a dream. He played very well against a very experienced player lat evening.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Re: Oil Gildart

Post by cpwigan »

Oli is a class act punching way above his weight. Wait until 12 months, 24 months time when he will be more physically mature (stronger) and we have an outstanding centre.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:Oli is a class act punching way above his weight. Wait until 12 months, 24 months time when he will be more physically mature (stronger) and we have an outstanding centre.
To sell to Parramatta
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I worried about him going in to the game but he was exceptional. I hadn't realised at the game just how many good tackles he pulled off on the night until I saw the replay and he's a big threat with the ball.

He's obviously now going to play in a grand final which must be surreal for him. He'll be up against Kallum Watkins or Mark Percival in the final which will be a huge task but I can't back against him after last night.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

At present he's played himself into such good form he can't be dropped. Remarkable for a 19 year old playing in such a difficult position where reading of opposition plays is everything.
A real talent and developing faster than any of us could anticipate.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Olis core skills and game awareness are beyond his years. We now need to be careful and let him develop physically. In 2/3 seasons time he will be vying with Watkins as the 'top gun' Engish centre.
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:Olis core skills and game awareness are beyond his years. We now need to be careful and let him develop physically. In 2/3 seasons time he will be vying with Watkins as the 'top gun' Engish centre.
I agree. Obviously we have to play him next week, how can he not!? But I don't think that should mean he goes straight back in to the starting team with 3 or 4 on his back when next season starts. He will play plenty still next year but let him develop, kind of like Manfredi has been allowed to over the last 12/18 months.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Oli had cudjoe in his back pocket all last night!!! Oli looked like the veteran ex England player not the other way round. And when hudds changed cudjoes sides he ended up getting battered by Bateman lol

Well played oli
Matt