Josh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Josh

Post by Owd Codger »

Red Hot Mama wrote:Have you considered who was his centre during those try scoring years? It was Darrell Goulding. They worked so well together. This season we have had Tomkins and Bateman inside of Josh. Although fantastic players neither are recognised centres. Plus Josh had an injury. Plus Wane seems to think it is ok to discipline Josh for the world to see. Is it any wonder his game has suffered. However, in recent times he was recovering. Hopefully next season (if he signs his contract) he will be more settled and we can seen the old Josh shine
Great comments and far better than some of the nonsense by others!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unfortunately it does not wash though when Manfredi has the same partners as Josh and yet is more productive.

Red Hot is Chorley through and through hence a tad biased towards Josh.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

cpwigan wrote:Unfortunately it does not wash though when Manfredi has the same partners as Josh and yet is more productive.

Red Hot is Chorley through and through hence a tad biased towards Josh.
would have to disagree with this to a Point, i fully agree Mandredi has been more productive, however when Charnley was dropped gelling was starting to find form and Tomkins had been in the centre position more than a week or two.

i agree Manfredi as been the better winger this year, but for a player to be a Star Finisher they need confidence, Wane has at every opportunity complimented and bigged up Manfredi giving him the confidence he needs.

on the other hand it seems Wane has Consistently this season used Charnley as a fall guy and criticized his performances. this cannot have helped with Charnleys form.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I agree re public criticism and seemingly the easy fall guy. Personally, I would have like to see Josh at centre with Dom outside him.
RJ

Post by RJ »

I have said all season we have lacked decent centres.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Think that would be perfect cpwigan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

cpwigan wrote:I agree re public criticism and seemingly the easy fall guy. Personally, I would have like to see Josh at centre with Dom outside him.
I just don't think Wigan should be trialling players in different positions so much.

Josh had about 5 games at KR where he played centre and looked ok. Is that really good enough to play centre for Wigan and play against opposition like Leeds, Hudds, Saints?

The defence would end up all over the place, I also don't believe Charnley would have the ability to move like a centre and create space.

Out of interest, what professional players who have established themselves as solely wingers have then converted to centres?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Additionally, I have seen a lot of people state that the number one priority of Josh looks to be his business and that his attention isn't on rugby and that it is all over his social media.

Can people in the know, please inform me how his other activities have affected his rugby and commitment, what exactly he has been doing, what he has been missing out on in comparison to his team mates.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Inga?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

nathan_rugby wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I agree re public criticism and seemingly the easy fall guy. Personally, I would have like to see Josh at centre with Dom outside him.
I just don't think Wigan should be trialling players in different positions so much.

Josh had about 5 games at KR where he played centre and looked ok. Is that really good enough to play centre for Wigan and play against opposition like Leeds, Hudds, Saints?

The defence would end up all over the place, I also don't believe Charnley would have the ability to move like a centre and create space.

Out of interest, what professional players who have established themselves as solely wingers have then converted to centres?
Dean Bell started as a winger IIRC.

I am not saying he will be a great centre but we will never know. He certainly looked okay in that brief spell on loan at Hull KR.