Hull are at it now!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dawber

Hull are at it now!

Post by Dawber »

Its just been confirmed on teletextthat Hull want to sign New Zealand Warrirors back row forward Sione Faunuina on a short term contract from next month, The Hull board say they are only doing what Warrington have done and are fighting fire with fire,
In my opinion no they are not, They are cheating this should not be allowed, have the Hull board got no faith in the squad that has just won the challenge cup?,
be very interested to hear what the rest of you think of this, Are Hull going to drop a player to bring this guy in?
robjoenz

Re: Hull are at it now!

Post by robjoenz »

Dawber posted:
Its just been confirmed on teletextthat Hull want to sign New Zealand Warrirors back row forward Sione Faunuina on a short term contract from next month, The Hull board say they are only doing what Warrington have done and are fighting fire with fire,
In my opinion no they are not, They are cheating this should not be allowed, have the Hull board got no faith in the squad that has just won the challenge cup?,
be very interested to hear what the rest of you think of this, Are Hull going to drop a player to bring this guy in?
It isn't cheating though is it, it doesn't break any rules.

I agree with your sentiment though.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

robjoenz posted:
Dawber posted:

Theyll put a restriction in place within 2 years to stop this it does nothing for then game.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

It's not very pleasant for the player to be dropped but IMO Hull are correct in that they are only doing what Wolves have done.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

robjoenz posted:
Dawber posted:

yes but its not very sportingly
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

I agree with you 100% jj, Although i stated in my post that i thought it was cheating ( rob corrected me on that ) it just feels like they are cheating even though they are breaking no rules, I just feel sorry for the guy that gets dropped out of the squad to accomadate this guy, Imagine playing your heart out all year only to be told " We don't think you are good enough for the rest of the season", Because that is what they are doing in my opinion
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Dawber posted:
Because that is what they are doing in my opinion
its not what they are doing in your opinion, its exactly what they are doing, which is totally unfair!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

wiganrldeanh posted:
Dawber posted:
its not what they are doing in your opinion, its exactly what they are doing, which is totally unfair!
Millward wanted to bring nat wood to wigan for the rest of the season when he found out they were getting joey, so we'd of been doing exactly the same thing.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

mrs_carney posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:
Dawber posted:
Millward wanted to bring nat wood to wigan for the rest of the season when he found out they were getting joey, so we'd of been doing exactly the same thing.
we would but we arent
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

I heard we might bring Brian Carney in next year on a loan from Newcastle in Austrailia!

Just a rumour though, heard he's quoite good when he plays!
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.