Gelling sacked/suspended

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
superleague

Re: Gelling sacked/suspended

Post by superleague »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Neither have some supporters on the ability of players, especially on this website at times!
Oh sorry we should all bow to your superior knowledge, it's a forum, different opinions get over yourself WW
Not superior knowledge, just fed up of reading your negativity on all things Warriors!
My negative post! I barely post on here but you just come across a miserable old sod, your always complaining about something/someone
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'd be very surprised if he didn't get the 3 shirt again next year.
If it was up to me he'd have it!
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Watching the top 10 Wigan tries of the season, it's interesting to see how many involved Gelling.

On his day, he's incredible. He had quite a few of those days earlier in the season before his injury. Hope he can recover that form next season.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Gelling will be back. He strikes me as somebody who needs 4 or 5 games to get the daft errors and madcap ideas out of his head and he can hopefully do that in the friendlies and early rounds.

Once he hits top form the guy is very difficult to stop and can produce some pure brilliance.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I'd be very surprised if he didn't get the 3 shirt again next year.
If it was up to me he'd have it!
While you're brought this up Ted, what number shirt do you think Bateman will wear next season, or will he keep 14?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

NICKYKISS wrote:Gelling will be back. He strikes me as somebody who needs 4 or 5 games to get the daft errors and madcap ideas out of his head and he can hopefully do that in the friendlies and early rounds.

Once he hits top form the guy is very difficult to stop and can produce some pure brilliance.
Just waiting for him to get a clear spell away from injury and prove what class he is and to be honest I'd run with what Dean Bell see's in Gelling.
He seems to know a good player and who am I to say different.
Give Gelling a chance for me.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Don't know about Bateman next year, might depend on what happens with Sarginson. If he gets the 4 shirt then Bateman might well get the 14 again.

The thread was about Gelling and I was concerned about the title of this until he was warming up last Friday.

I do think Waney has made an error in not allowing him to play himself back into form.
Earlier this season Gells, Joel and Manfredi were brilliant and at times unplayable.
I would far rather us go into the GF with Gelling at 3 and Bateman 4.
Leeds will throw everything at our left side defence via Watkins and Briscoe and playing Gildart there we are inviting them to do it. Far too much pressure on Oli G at 19 and in his 6th game for the club.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think they tried to give Gels a chance but he blew it and becomes potentially a big risk or a winner and the finals seem to be about minimising mistakes and capitalising on your opponents.

You then factor selecting Bateman as a centre gives him a starting role rather than warming the bench and that Oli Gildart took his chance on his natural sides and Gels less favoured side.

It is a huge task v Watkins but I am confident Oli will give a very good account of himself and let nobody down.