Saints in the WCC, playing Roosters.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Saints in the WCC, playing Roosters.

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Looks a very good fixture list.

Next year I think SL clubs are supposed to travel down under. It will be interesting to see if any of those SL clubs who qualify declince to go there, like Huddersfield!

I do think our going there to play the Roosters started the expansion to 6 clubs and 3 matches.
They thought the game would attract hardly any fans at all.
When 31,000 turned up then the most cynical knew that was a crowd figure that not only couldn't be ignored but the concept had a future.

Well done to IL and the club on that one.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

In my opinion, the World Club Series should involve clubs from the four main Rugby League playing Nations of Australia, England, France and New Zealand.

The Grand Final Winners from Australia and England plus Catalan Dragons and New Zealand Warriors.

The venue to be on a rota every year ie, England, Australia, France, New Zealand.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:In my opinion, the World Club Series should involve clubs from the four main Rugby League playing Nations of Australia, England, France and New Zealand.

The Grand Final Winners from Australia and England plus Catalan Dragons and New Zealand Warriors.

The venue to be on a rota every year ie, England, Australia, France, New Zealand.
Why?

Then it's an International! & not a "World CLUB" competition ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think WW is not suggesting countries as such Josie; rather that clubs from each of those countries should be involved.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:I think WW is not suggesting countries as such Josie; rather that clubs from each of those countries should be involved.
Exactly cpwigan, a competition involving the best clubs from each of the four main Rugby League playing Nations which would give the World 'CLUB' Championship a proper International flavour.

Just like the one in Football, where they have teams from Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I think WW is not suggesting countries as such Josie; rather that clubs from each of those countries should be involved.
Exactly cpwigan, a competition involving the best clubs from each of the four main Rugby League playing Nations which would give the World 'CLUB' Championship a proper International flavour.

Just like the one in Football, where they have teams from Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.
Thank you for clearing that up :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan