Grand Final Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: Grand Final Squad

Post by Southern Softy »

More specifically?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

AdamMac wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:I don't often feel like posting in anger but really.........

Josh Charnley may not be playing as well as Manfredi and Burgess at the moment (I'd go with the same 17 as in the semi-final) but he has always been Wigan through and through and deserves to be in the 19 for the Final. What will it say to him about he is viewed at the club when a patently unfit and hopelessly out-of-form Gelling is in the squad ahead of him?
If Joe Burgess or Dom Manfredi pick up injuries before Saturday, who would you honestly prefer to see as their replacement on current form?

I know who I'd want to see on the pitch and candidly I wouldn't blame him if he shows the same loyalty to the club as they have shown to him.
Well said, and surely anyone can see that the team on Saturday will be the same as that in the Semi Final with Gelling covering any pre match injury in the backs and Tautai in the forwards.

Apart from Charnley who Wane evidently considers to be a Winger only, who else could he select with enough experience, playing time with the team and able to cover different positions is left in the squad when players like Sarginson and Sutton are injured.

Apart from Charnley who has lost his place due to the form of the other two wingers and Hampshire who is only a Stand Off/Full Back, the remainder are too inexperienced for a game like the Grand Final.
All opinions of course but Ive never heard as much rubbish from either of you.
And your 18th and 19th players in the squad would be?
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Josh will come back next season, he will be back to first choice winger with Budgie going. Hopefully get a good preseason
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR