Grand Final Day

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Grand Final Day

Post by josie andrews »

Good Morning everyone, hope you all had a good nights sleep?

It's finally here Super League Gand Final Day

Kick off is nine hours from now

Hope you all have a great day, enjoy it & stay safe

Bring it Home Boys ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
up the junction

Re: Grand Final Day

Post by up the junction »

Best wishes everyone lets enjoy today for all its worth , I've not slept properly for the last two nights,don't think I've ever had butterflies like this in my life and I'm a 45 yr old grandfather.Come on boys we can do em. :D :D :D
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

The run up to this day is like Christmas when you're a child,I've not slept properly for most of the week.
Can't wait C'MON WIGAN
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Hope everyone has a great day. Shame I can't make it this year, but hopefully the result is better than last.

A Wigan second-rower to score the first try :wink:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Have a great day everyone. Let's just hope we're all on the website tomorrow celebrating a great victory. I was confident last year but not today so let's hope I'm wrong again. Best of luck to the boys.
BriH

Post by BriH »

I'm excited and confident.
I think this is the end of an era - Leeds, and the start of a new era - Wigan.
I think "the end of an era" will be too much for the Leeds players. Too much emphasis on this, to my mind, and I think rather than being motivational, I think it will bring a feeling of resignation to the players involved - especially if Wigan score a couple of tries early on.
And, the longer the game goes on the more dejected they will be.
(God help me if I'm wrong!! My wife's best friend is a Leeds supporter! We are - of course - Wigan supporters :D :D )
But, I am very confident of a Wigan win. Not usually so confident as this but I was very impressed by the 2 playoff games - especially v Hudds. Play like that and we will be OK.
As always "C'mon Wigan!!!"
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Nervous!!!

Matt
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Sitting with a pint outside the Tollgate surrounded by Whinos fans whom I hope are only here to enjoy the day out!
BriH

Post by BriH »

BriH wrote:I'm excited and confident.
I think "the end of an era" will be too much for the Leeds players. Too much emphasis on this, to my mind, and I think rather than being motivational, I think it will bring a feeling of resignation to the players involved - especially if Wigan score a couple of tries early on.
(God help me if I'm wrong!! My wife's best friend is a Leeds supporter! We are - of course - Wigan supporters :D :D )
But, I am very confident of a Wigan win. Not usually so confident as this but I was very impressed by the 2 playoff games - especially v Hudds. Play like that and we will be OK.
Well I wouldn't get a job in a Betting Shop would I?

Still feel I was right about us dominating the first half though. I think that's where we lost the game. Sloppy. But.... we were winning and they won at the end.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

BriH wrote:
BriH wrote:I'm excited and confident.
Well I wouldn't get a job in a Betting Shop would I?

Still feel I was right about us dominating the first half though. I think that's where we lost the game. Sloppy. But.... we were winning and they won at the end.
Got your programme Brian will send it tomorrow ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan