Daily Telegraph GF Coverage

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
the pieman

Daily Telegraph GF Coverage

Post by the pieman »

did anyone else see the fantastic coverage / review of the grand final (sorry not got a link as it looks like its not there anymore)

i think it Sums up the rags feelings for Rugby League all they managed on the Grand Final was some fighting between Wigan and Leeds fans in a beer tent
thegimble

Re: Daily Telegraph GF Coverage

Post by thegimble »

the pieman wrote:did anyone else see the fantastic coverage / review of the grand final (sorry not got a link as it looks like its not there anymore)

i think it Sums up the rags feelings for Rugby League all they managed on the Grand Final was some fighting between Wigan and Leeds fans in a beer tent
Its annoyed the Union side has just humiliated England Worse than Flower did to the RFL. Paper coverage has dropped massively.

The NZ series coming up is huge beat them and a lot of media attention will shift over. Papers loves a winner when their sides lose they really throw a wobbler.

Lancaster was loved up by them all until Wales did them. You can tell the hate RL they have given Sam Burgess a beating in the papers. Bet they along with the England player complaining about him have not got the bottle to tell him in his face.

Telegraph is for upper class numpites sorry the amount of supplements in them on the weekend also annoys me. Sorry that had to come out I have to put them in at the shop I work in.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

The Telegraph actually also had a match report which wasn't too far off the mark.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyl ... reble.html

The video on the brawl, which I didn't actually view, is on their main RL page...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/

WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Paradox wrote:The Telegraph actually also had a match report which wasn't too far off the mark.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyl ... reble.html

The video on the brawl, which I didn't actually view, is on their main RL page...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/

There are drunk idiots everywhere. Trust them to show that. They are peeved because Eng RU couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding and jealous that Sam Burgess has a better skill set than any of those fatties. But there you go. We rise above it.

:conf: :conf: :.
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Sorry. I wrote the drunk idiots bit. Not learnt to quote properly yet. Sorry.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:Sorry. I wrote the drunk idiots bit. Not learnt to quote properly yet. Sorry.
There were quite a few drunken idiots about yesterday. I heard there was mayhem at Sam's Bar. In-fighting in all stands and near us in E382 a middle aged woman was punched by someone whom the stewards had previously removed and allowed to return. He was finally arrested by the police!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

From mid day until 45 minutes before kick-off Wigan and Leeds fans and their families happily sat alongside eating / talking / relaxing etc etc. in and around the Lowry Centre Not a hint of a problem.

Did not make the papers though :wink:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We went to Sammy Platts as always. Had two halves, sat & chatted to some Welsh Leeds fans, walked through the tented area & left. There was the usual singing & chanting across the 'divide' but there wasn't a hint of what was to happen later!

Funnily enough, we've been there when it's been against Warrington & St Helens & it's only ever been friendly, rival banter! Never been any bother!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If that's what they call a mass brawl god help them more like handbags at mid day.
Just how did they get the pictures did they have a photographer /cameraman there ,was it stage managed ? funny how someone took it.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

cpwigan wrote:From mid day until 45 minutes before kick-off Wigan and Leeds fans and their families happily sat alongside eating / talking / relaxing etc etc. in and around the Lowry Centre Not a hint of a problem.

Did not make the papers though :wink:
Rugby League is a family game and will always be so - you get some idiots at big games one lad in front of us in the Alex Ferguson stand got a bit over the top but was told to calm it which he did .

We never saw any trouble at all - a credit to the true Rugby League fans from both sides and other teams fans who where there also
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White